Looking for Givi topcase lighting ideas? - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-21-2012, 01:28 AM
The reflective part depends on the case: some reflect a bit, and some not at all. I've had Give V46 with red and with clear "reflectors" but they're not reflective, just decorative. The red panels on my E360s are though.

I used some not very bright red reflective tape under the red panels on my old V46. Even with not very good tape it still shows in this pic. I didn't do the center part which is dark in the photo.

If I were doing it again, I'd use this stuff which is much brighter than what I used in the photo and also has a wide viewing angle:
In fact I may be doing it again on my new V46 which has the smoked panel. Haven't decided whether to use red or white tape under it.
Sponsored Links
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 01:26 PM
I came across this thread in doing a bit of research before ordering my Shad SH40 cargo top case. I have one of http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002TR6WA4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00on my KLR650, and I've ordered a few more for my other bikes. I was going to see about ordering the http://www.customdynamics.com/knight_rider_led_light_bar.htm license plate frame version (about 3/4 of the way down the page) that's got the LED module mounted to the frame already, but the cost is twice what it costs for just the LED module, and I can stick the LED module to my plate frame I already have for free, so...

I have a video of how the one on my KLR looks, and I'll post up when I get the new one in for my Versys.

Last edited by suprbst; 11-09-2012 at 01:33 PM.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Capn Kirk's post (#19) is an outstanding reference for a DIY lighting kit. I based my lighting for my E55 and E41's on his specs, and maybe this weekend add a pic or 3 if someone can tell me how to do so. He also added the BackOff XP modulator and has a seperate post on that. Extremely clear with great pics. The biggest thing - I found - was to get the guts to start cutting, splicing, and soldering. Oh, and make sure there's actually enough room under the lenses on your case to put the LED's.
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode