Accessories harness question - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

2Likes
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Accessories harness question

Hey guys, so i've been searching around the forum for a couple hours and haven't really found exactly what i'm looking for.

I'm planning on installing 2x DC power outlets on my '15 Versys 650 instead of 1x outlet and 1x gear indicator. From what i've read so far on the forum it sounds like the Mk3 V has 4 accessories plug and play sets, that are under various fairings around the gas tank?

Just wondering if anyone else has done 2x DC outlets as well and any suggestions they may have? I was planning on doing soldered connections, coating them in electrical grease, then shrink wrapping them.

I also plan on installing a pair of Cyclops LED headlights to reduce the load on my electrical system as well.

Any tips, or pictures of WHERE exactly the other accessories ports are are greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangles View Post
Hey guys, so i've been searching around the forum for a couple hours and haven't really found exactly what i'm looking for.

I'm planning on installing 2x DC power outlets on my '15 Versys 650 instead of 1x outlet and 1x gear indicator. From what i've read so far on the forum it sounds like the Mk3 V has 4 accessories plug and play sets, that are under various fairings around the gas tank?

Just wondering if anyone else has done 2x DC outlets as well and any suggestions they may have? I was planning on doing soldered connections, coating them in electrical grease, then shrink wrapping them.

I also plan on installing a pair of Cyclops LED headlights to reduce the load on my electrical system as well.

Any tips, or pictures of WHERE exactly the other accessories ports are are greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Get the relay from Kawasaki then you can use the existing wiring hidden under the front fairing. With the relay the extra devices are powered only when you turn the key.

This thread goes into a lot of details and all the info you need for wiring USB ports, auxiliary lights, heated grips and so on is there:
2015 power outlet install
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Hey thanks for the reply...

My question isnt in exactly how to do it, i've watched several youtube videos about how to install the accessories plug and I will be getting the Kawasaki Vulcan relay since its cheaper.

My question is more specifically about the other accessories outlets, and where they are located. I've heard tale that there are more than one outlet pair, but not much beyond that. I need to know if I have to solder everything in parallel off of the one under the dash, or if I can go to a separate outlet pairing.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Look in your OWNERS MANUAL. In mine (Canadian) it's on pages 72 to 74, c/w pics.
Gangles likes this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Hey thanks! I didn't even think to look!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Hey thanks! I didn't even think to look!
There's an INCREDIBLE amount of GREAT info in there!

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I didn't think it would get that in depth, I thought I would need the maintenance manual to get under the fairings so to speak. I'll now check the owners manual before coming on here! :P

Cheers!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yeah I didn't think it would get that in depth, I thought I would need the maintenance manual to get under the fairings so to speak. I'll now check the owners manual before coming on here! :P

Cheers!
Another "long-time" inmate called me w/ a question awhile back about Gen 3 650s, about removing the side fairings up front. I asked IF he'd looked at the OWNERS MANUAL, specifically page 106.

NOW he TOO looks in there.
Gangles likes this.

Ed

..)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode