Paint codes - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

1Likes
  • 1 Post By twowheels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 03:01 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Paint codes

Dropped the bike today after stalling at take off. Haven't done that in 30 years! At first I was suspicious, as it happened as I was leaving the dealer after a service. Now that the anger has worn off, I'm resigned to the fact that it must have been operator error

Anyway, the left front indicator punched through the fairing, so it that fairing will need replacing. They replaced the clutch lever whilst I was still there which was handy. The fairing to the top and rear of the fairing that holds the indicator copped some minor scuffing. I'm hoping to perhaps sand this back and touch it up - any idea what paint code is the 2015 matt black?

Regards,
Ranga

2015 650L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangus View Post
Dropped the bike today after stalling at take off. Haven't done that in 30 years! At first I was suspicious, as it happened as I was leaving the dealer after a service. Now that the anger has worn off, I'm resigned to the fact that it must have been operator error

Anyway, the left front indicator punched through the fairing, so it that fairing will need replacing. They replaced the clutch lever whilst I was still there which was handy. The fairing to the top and rear of the fairing that holds the indicator copped some minor scuffing. I'm hoping to perhaps sand this back and touch it up - any idea what paint code is the 2015 matt black?

You can fix the fairing fairly easily

Fix fairing with Plastex

Then use auto glazing compound to fill surface imperfections, sand with 800 grit

Apply 2 coats allowing to flash dry between coats, rubber bumper primer from spray can, allow to dry 48 hours, then sand with 800- 1200 grit

Apply color coat from custom mixed spray can bought from auto paint store, allow 48-72 hours drying time, sand with 1200 grit VERY lightly

Apply clear coats, allowing to flash dry between coats, clear coat bought from auto paint store is usually better quality than what comes from hardware store

Apply fine rubbing compound to remove ripple

Dealer can tell you paint code or you can look it up on Colorrite site. I use Krylon Plastic Paint in Flat Black for the flat black plastics on the bike. It makes them look like new.
ryangus likes this.

Last edited by twowheels; 04-12-2017 at 09:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode