MK3 aux lights wiring - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
MK3 aux lights wiring

Hi guys, I was trying to find some guidance for aux lights wiring for 2016 Versys on the forum, but no success so far...

I got some cheap chinese lights. This is my first motorcycle, so I am just learning the science (art? ) of motorcycle farkling, so please don't shoot me if the answers are obvious

1) I got 12V outlet in, including original Kawa accessories relay. Will this relay also work for aux lights, or I need another one?
2) I saw somewhere that on MK3 there is an available plug of aux lights? If so, any thoughts where I find it?..
3) if none of above, should I just buy a full harness(with relay/fuse) and wire directly to the battery?

My apologies if my forum browsing skills are crappy and I just didn't find the thread...

Thanks for you guidance, experts

--- Air is an Air Freshener ---
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 02:26 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to farmerboy
I am just about to remove the stupid gear indicator I bought and replace it with USB aux power... I cannot answer your question but I will also be interested in replies to this.

ps don't bother with the gear indicator - it is so slow to decide which gear to display it is useless!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 03:07 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerboy View Post
ps don't bother with the gear indicator - it is so slow to decide which gear to display it is useless!
I have a cheap gear indicator too and I agree that it is slow but I just use mine so I don't go searching for 7th gear anymore I don't know what it is about the Versys, I never had that issue with any other bike

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 03:23 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpetrau View Post
Hi guys, I was trying to find some guidance for aux lights wiring for 2016 Versys on the forum, but no success so far...

I got some cheap chinese lights. This is my first motorcycle, so I am just learning the science (art? ) of motorcycle farkling, so please don't shoot me if the answers are obvious

1) I got 12V outlet in, including original Kawa accessories relay. Will this relay also work for aux lights, or I need another one?
2) I saw somewhere that on MK3 there is an available plug of aux lights? If so, any thoughts where I find it?..
3) if none of above, should I just buy a full harness(with relay/fuse) and wire directly to the battery?

My apologies if my forum browsing skills are crappy and I just didn't find the thread...

This might help.....https://www.kawasaki.com/Content/Upl..._999940470.pdf

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

How To Forum

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ght=aux+wiring

Also look in Owners manual Pages 86. 87 and 88 it has a list of locations and amperage's , which are higher than the 650 ABS
Any questions post in this thread.

Last edited by onewizard; 03-24-2017 at 07:30 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

Will need to look at manual/wiring diagram

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpetrau View Post

If it is like the 2015 650 ABS, there is aux. wiring for lights powered by the Kawi aux. relay, the bad news is it is 5 amp max. I used my aux. wiring to power the USB charger and also trigger aux. relays I purchased online. Got a total of 5 of the 40 amp single pole double throw, single normally open or normally closed contact for $20 including shipping and wire harness/ sockets. As close to waterproof as I need.

Also look in Owners manual Pages 86. 87 and 88 it has a list of locations and amperage's , which are higher than the 650 ABS Update , see post #8 of this thread, 7.5 amp and 15 amp

Last edited by onewizard; 03-25-2017 at 09:22 AM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 06:05 AM

Follow the rabbit: the electric diagram shows that all accessories connectors come from the Joint connector D, which is relay-switched, itself from fuse 1 of fuse box 2, which is a 5A fuse.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

Reference to Owners Manual/ Electrical Drawing for CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddd View Post
Follow the rabbit: the electric diagram shows that all accessories connectors come from the Joint connector D, which is relay-switched, itself from fuse 1 of fuse box 2, which is a 5A fuse.
I referenced the owners manual before I posted, don't know where you are getting your info from but it is wrong. Please check before you post!
Drawing for Cal is fuse box #2 circuit #2 is 7.5 amp accessory fuse, fuse box #2 circuit #3 Grip Warmer Fuse 15 amp. I assume the info you were looking at was for the 650 ABS , as a reminder this post references V 1000.

Also , pages 86,87,88 show the location of the connectors, the individual maximum amperage's for those locations, and the type of connectors / how to mount. So look at your owners manual first. ( FYI all available in sticky Hwo To Forum)

Last edited by onewizard; 03-25-2017 at 09:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode