Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

MK3 aux lights wiring

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  onewizard 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I was trying to find some guidance for aux lights wiring for 2016 Versys on the forum, but no success so far...

I got some cheap chinese lights. This is my first motorcycle, so I am just learning the science (art? :)) of motorcycle farkling, so please don't shoot me if the answers are obvious :)

1) I got 12V outlet in, including original Kawa accessories relay. Will this relay also work for aux lights, or I need another one?
2) I saw somewhere that on MK3 there is an available plug of aux lights? If so, any thoughts where I find it?..
3) if none of above, should I just buy a full harness(with relay/fuse) and wire directly to the battery?

My apologies if my forum browsing skills are crappy and I just didn't find the thread...

Thanks for you guidance, experts :)

#2 ·
I am just about to remove the stupid gear indicator I bought and replace it with USB aux power... I cannot answer your question but I will also be interested in replies to this.

ps don't bother with the gear indicator - it is so slow to decide which gear to display it is useless!

#4 ·
#5 · (Edited)
#6 · (Edited)
Will need to look at manual/wiring diagram

If it is like the 2015 650 ABS, there is aux. wiring for lights powered by the Kawi aux. relay, the bad news is it is 5 amp max. I used my aux. wiring to power the USB charger and also trigger aux. relays I purchased online. Got a total of 5 of the 40 amp single pole double throw, single normally open or normally closed contact for $20 including shipping and wire harness/ sockets. As close to waterproof as I need.

Also look in Owners manual Pages 86. 87 and 88 it has a list of locations and amperage's , which are higher than the 650 ABS Update , see post #8 of this thread, 7.5 amp and 15 amp

#8 · (Edited)
Reference to Owners Manual/ Electrical Drawing for CA

I referenced the owners manual before I posted, don't know where you are getting your info from but it is wrong. Please check before you post!
Drawing for Cal is fuse box #2 circuit #2 is 7.5 amp accessory fuse, fuse box #2 circuit #3 Grip Warmer Fuse 15 amp. I assume the info you were looking at was for the 650 ABS , as a reminder this post references V 1000.:huh:

Also , pages 86,87,88 show the location of the connectors, the individual maximum amperage's for those locations, and the type of connectors / how to mount. So look at your owners manual first. ( FYI all available in sticky Hwo To Forum)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.