Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Battery Question

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  twowheels 
#1 · (Edited)
I think my battery is near the end of it's life as it does not hold a charge well and the bike requires boosting if left for more than a week or two.

Question is should I get a brand name Yuso AGM battery for $120CDN or go with the no name AGM (Parts Canada) battery at $65? Similar specs., am I just paying for a name?

#2 ·
Original Equipment

I think my battery is near the end of it's life as it does not hold a charge well and the bike requires boosting if left for more than a week or two.

Question is should I get a brand name Yuso AGM battery for $120CDN or go with the no name AGM (Parts Canada) battery at $65? Similar specs., am I just paying for a name?[/QUOTE

I purchased the OEM battery from a place called Motorcycle Parts and Accessories, Motocross, Snowmobile and ATV

Two options, one for $70 and one $90 approx. That was for my 07, got the $70 one, the other had more plates, the $70 was the same OEM part number that lasted almost 6 years.

#4 ·
Farkles Never End!!

Thanks for the link. Think they may have raised their prices since your purchase. The cheapest battery Royal Distributing carries for the Versys is the $100 Yuasa YTX12-BS, the high performance Yuasa YTX14AHL-BS is $110 (cheaper than FortNine).

FortNine sells the Parts Canada battery though for $66. Now that I've compared specs, it seems to have similar specs to the high performance alternative from Yuasa. Only problem now is the price is below the $100 free shipping minimum and shipping a battery will be $20.
Come on!!!>:) You can't find something you need, like a chain alignment tool, cable lubber, Phillips Vision T10 leds , :wink2:

Reactions: Lours_Polaire
#3 ·

Question is should I get a brand name Yuso AGM battery for $120CDN or go with the no name AGM (Parts Canada) battery at $65? Similar specs., am I just paying for a name?[/QUOTE

I purchased the OEM battery from a place called Motorcycle Parts and Accessories, Motocross, Snowmobile and ATV

Two options, one for $70 and one $90 approx. That was for my 07, got the $70 one, the other had more plates, the $70 was the same OEM part number that lasted almost 6 years.
Thanks for the link. Think they may have raised their prices since your purchase. The cheapest battery Royal Distributing carries for the Versys is the $100 Yuasa YTX12-BS, the high performance Yuasa YTX14AHL-BS is $110 (cheaper than FortNine).

FortNine sells the Parts Canada battery though for $66. Now that I've compared specs, it seems to have similar specs to the high performance alternative from Yuasa. Only problem now is the price is below the $100 free shipping minimum and shipping a battery will be $20.

#5 · (Edited)
Found a local retailer who sells the Parts Canada AGM battery for $60 and bought it there. It seems to have the same specs. as the high performance Yuasa battery, which sells at twice the price. Slightly heavier, perhaps due to increased lead content. I like the idea of a lightweight lithium ion battery but don't want to pay the rediculous price. There is also the question of how well these things stand up vs the known performance of AGM technology.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.