Help needed: Can't remove air box on 08 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

3Likes
  • 2 Post By 10dadeo
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Help needed: Can't remove air box on 08

I'm trying to change plugs for the first time on my 2008 and there seems to be something holding the airbox down--I removed 6 1" Phillips head screws but can't pull the box.

Could it be the wiring harness that's on the upper left of the attached photo preventing the box to be pulled ?

http://imgur.com/8bVYpiT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 03:18 PM

Garage
This thread will help....http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ark-plugs.html

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Thanks I got it out; did plugs and airbox!

JW-- I'm putting it back together and I found these two unfastened rubber bushings (between the frame and wiring harness).

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

They had fallen out and I put them back. Are they in the right place? What is the function of these I imagine they are some kind of tank damper?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

Fuel Tank Front Rubber Mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dadeo View Post
Thanks I got it out; did plugs and airbox!

JW-- I'm putting it back together and I found these two unfastened rubber bushings (between the frame and wiring harness).

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

They had fallen out and I put them back. Are they in the right place? What is the function of these I imagine they are some kind of tank damper?
I see the pins where they are suppose to go in that photo, but in the photo they are laying on the frame, not where they belong. Look at center of my 2015, you will see the left rubber mount.The weld is almost jumping out of the picture. Far left is my distribution for electrical.

FYI if you don't put them in the correct place your tank will flop around, also you need to slide your tank forward into these bushings. They shouldn't have fallen out unless you used a overhead crane to lift your tank off, in other words, it needs to be slid back about 2 to 3 inches and slipped forward to install.The tank needs to be forward on these bushings before you connect the fuel line.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160324_214050239.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	101586  

Last edited by onewizard; 11-24-2016 at 04:43 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Oh cool, thank you @onewizard. Very appreciated. Packed up and I'm going to continue in the morning. Probably should have started earlier in the day to have better light. Regardless, Happy Turkey Day US friends and a Happy regular ol' Thursday to all!
onewizard and weljo2001 like this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

Probably a GOOD idea to put a bit of silicone seal under each when you re-install them (so they shouldn't fall off NEXT time...).
onewizard likes this.

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 04:46 PM

Airbox is removed after loosening only 2 screws on the TB flange clamps, accessed from right side underneath... No need to remove any screws on top of airbox.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode