Cross Reference? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

2Likes
  • 1 Post By onewizard
  • 1 Post By quexpress

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Cross Reference?

I searched and didn't see any topics where someone may have found a good cross for part number 99994-0556. I have had one on order for three months now. Factory apparently has no date off backorder according to email I received from Kawasaki. I have tried Fleetcross here at work but come up with nada.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Relay Kit ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by calscrazy View Post
I searched and didn't see any topics where someone may have found a good cross for part number 99994-0556. I have had one on order for three months now. Factory apparently has no date off backorder according to email I received from Kawasaki. I have tried Fleetcross here at work but come up with nada.
Something really wrong with your supplier, this is a standard Omron relay, available at about 50 different places, I have posted ones that are under $20
Kawasaki 99994-0556 - KIT-ACCESSORY,RELAY : Babbitts Kawasaki Partshouse

Kawasaki 99994-0556 - KIT-ACCESSORY,RELAY : MRCycles

https://6bh9sm5g.endeavorsecure.com/cart.htm

Last edited by onewizard; 11-14-2016 at 10:45 AM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 10:48 AM

Garage
I googled it to see what the part was. I see it is an accessory relay for your 650.
Seems like there was a very recent thread about other sources for this.
Maybe a search for accessory relay will turn something here or someone will remember more about this than I do.

The urge to buy terrorizes

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
Something really wrong with your supplier, this is a standard Omron relay, available at about 50 different places, I have posted ones that are under $20
Kawasaki 99994-0556 - KIT-ACCESSORY,RELAY : Babbitts Kawasaki Partshouse

Kawasaki 99994-0556 - KIT-ACCESSORY,RELAY : MRCycles

https://6bh9sm5g.endeavorsecure.com/cart.htm
Tried them already and nada!!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Try These

All claim to be in stock, pay attention, all relays are Omron 27002, I am totally puzzled why online is back order.

NEW OEM 2015 2016 KAWASAKI VULCAN S ABS CAFE ACCESSORY RELAY KIT 99994-0510 | eBay

Kawasaki Vulcan "S" 650 LED Light Bar Relay Kit 99994-0510 | eBay

https://www.amazon.com/Kawasaki-9999.../dp/B007A199DQ

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detai...9994-0195.html

Final note, ALL Omron 27002-1086 under that part number are used ones on Ebay, hard to proceed to pay for used that may not work when new are almost the same price. Also I would be trying a different dealer! Something just doesn't make sense here, the Vulcan has a different part number, but is identical except you get a piece of scrap metal with it.
calscrazy likes this.

Last edited by onewizard; 11-14-2016 at 04:31 PM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 04:04 PM

As onewizard has mentioned, it is simply a OMRON 27002-1086 relay. IMHO the second identification shown on the relay such as 2994D5, or 14Z6D6, or 26X7D6, or 1789D5, etc. is not important. It might identify a batch at the manufacture but I'm just guessing.

If you search on Ebay for OMRON 27002-1086, you'll get numerous results.

Note: Last year, I purchased mine on ebay for $9.00 (shipping included). It reads 0188D5 instead of 2994D5 as shown at Kawasaki for the 2015 Versys 650, but it works just fine.

Good luck!
calscrazy likes this.

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.

Note: I have no time to waste because Iím older at this moment than Iíve ever been before,
Ö and itís the youngest Iím ever going to get.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

wizard and express appreciate it thank you!

I tried babbits 3 1/2 months ago and got email said sorry its on backorder. Had them refund me and tried another place only to get same answer. Then went to dealer had them order and well 2 1/2 months later I told him just give me my money back I will ask people that will know which lead me to here.

I did find a napa Echlin ar356 that looks like it should work. If anyone ever needs to know.

Again thanks for the info guys.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 12:46 PM

I think LT Kawasaki Parts are like farts in a hurricane. Mentioned, but never seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
All claim to be in stock, pay attention, all relays are Omron 27002, I am totally puzzled why online is back order.

NEW OEM 2015 2016 KAWASAKI VULCAN S ABS CAFE ACCESSORY RELAY KIT 99994-0510 | eBay

Kawasaki Vulcan "S" 650 LED Light Bar Relay Kit 99994-0510 | eBay

https://www.amazon.com/Kawasaki-9999.../dp/B007A199DQ

99994-0195 RELAY - KIT $33.95

Final note, ALL Omron 27002-1086 under that part number are used ones on Ebay, hard to proceed to pay for used that may not work when new are almost the same price. Also I would be trying a different dealer! Something just doesn't make sense here, the Vulcan has a different part number, but is identical except you get a piece of scrap metal with it.

There seems to be something amiss in Kawasakiville. I bought a new 2016 650 LT with a cracked saddlebag lid (the color strip on the top) in JULY. Here it is NOVEMBER and I'm still waiting for the dealer replacement part.

In addition, the gear indicator, relay mentioned above, and the power port are all on backorder and have been for some time. I finally had to source these things from the dealer parts network (call a dealer and have them search for the part numbers in the dealer network - I finally found the relay in California; I had them send it to Idaho.) Parts non-availability have been this way since June when I started looking for an LT and wanted to Farkle my soon-to-be-purchased ride.

Not sure why the supply issues.

I'm about to write the KawElves at Corporate and complain (not that it's gonna do me any good.) I'll post results here.

Stay tuned.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 04:57 PM

So, the Elves of Kawiland called me back today and asked to "Please give us the city, state, and zip of the dealer and we'll expedite the parts when they arrive." They offered up the explanation that they're special orders and come from Japan. No other info as to why it takes so long, etc etc etc...

Sorta weak response from the explanation department if you ask me.

So, hurry up and wait. Wonder where they get the parts for 2017 models from? Oh, wait, different colors.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 08:42 PM

Buy this relay off of ebay. It works the same as the $30 Kawasaki relay and only cost $3.00.

12V 40A 40 AMP Car Auto Automotive Van Boat Bike 4 Pin SPST Alarm Relay US NEW | eBay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode