UNI Oil work on a BMC Filter? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

1Likes
  • 1 Post By 10dadeo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

UNI Oil work on a BMC Filter?

Hi All,

I'm going to be changing my filter on the Versys for my 24K mile service. I have some (a lot) of UNI spray oil left over from my old bike with a foam filter. I'm wondering if I can use it on the BMC filter. To my understanding it must be treated before installing? The UNI oil is an aerosol spray type with a tacky quality.

Thanks
onewizard likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

what year is your bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dadeo View Post
Hi All,

I'm going to be changing my filter on the Versys for my 24K mile service. I have some (a lot) of UNI spray oil left over from my old bike with a foam filter. I'm wondering if I can use it on the BMC filter. To my understanding it must be treated before installing? The UNI oil is an aerosol spray type with a tacky quality.

Thanks
Are you talking a 2015 bike?? Air Filter on 2015 has changed to throw away style.

Last edited by onewizard; 11-04-2016 at 01:39 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 11:53 AM

Good question. Just to be sure, you ARE talking about air filter and not oil filter, right? Sounds silly I know, but I know the others will chime in as I am one of those that has the shop do all the work beyond my oil changes.

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 12:24 PM

Garage
I had a BMC Filter on my 09 Versys. They use the same material as the K&N Filter. The Uni Filter is a different material. Not sure i would chance it without knowing some one else has done it. Heres what i used....https://www.amazon.com/99-5000-Aeros...26n+air+filter

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

@onewizard @cjcintucson I should have clarified -- 2009 Bike, Air Filter change.

@weljo2001 I see.. I wonder if they're the same quality. The UNI spray is a light spray oil, kinda has the consistency of 5w and also very tacky to catch dirt. Is the KN spray anything like that?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 06:23 PM

K&N's is also pretty thin... The UNI foam filter oil is much better than nothing or just engine oil, but Maxima's synthetic FAB 1 is most excellent and made for fabric or foam air filter elements:

FAB-1 - Maxima Racing Oils
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

K&N filter oil

FWIW - I ALWAYS used K&N air-filter oil on my '09 V's OEM air filter. Worked GREAT!

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
air filter, bmc, filter oil, foam filter, uni

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode