Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Rubber strip on top of radiator???

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  bluesman77 
#1 ·
I was checking the front tire pressure this evening on my '15 V650 & glanced up at the radiator to see if there was any damage to the cooling fins. I noticed what looked like a gasket laying on top of the radiator as wide as the radiator depth and about as long as its width. The material is similar in thickness & flexibility to an inner tube w/ cutouts for the radiator cap, fan shroud, etc. & was placed prior to the radiator installation because the top mount goes through it. It just lays on top of the radiator like it was used to protect it & doesn't actually fit other than the cap neck & shroud. Any thoughts as to what it is or its purpose???

#3 · (Edited)
So it's supposed to fill the gap? Mine evidently has fallen down as it just lays on top of the radiator. What holds it in position?

#4 ·
Yes that is right. It sits on top of the radiator and valve cover. If I recall it is held on with two bolts on the valve cover and a clamp on the frame or radiator. I can't recall exactly, I don't have it near me to verify. Above the rubber is the snorkles for the air box, it is meant to keep the hot air away.

#5 ·
Thanks. I took a flash light and looked around some more and it makes sense. The left-side (looking back at the radiator) had blown up a bit & things looked pretty weird. Again, thanks!

BTW - I like your avatar.

Reactions: Rebel13
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.