posting pictures - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (Kawasakiversys.com) Questions about forum functionality or suggestions for improvement. Need help finding what you're looking for? Let us know here!

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 08:43 AM

Yo Bear,

Any update on the uploading (not linking to a URL) image files to the forum yet?

I’m still getting a, “this is not a valid image file” on JPG images that are within the file size & dimension limits (including pics that I’ve uploaded in the past).

Thanks

~~ Live Like You're Dying ~~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 09:04 AM
MTS

I have never been able to down load a photo to this site. Always some error and I just figured people doing that had to down load all thier photos to some other photo site and than down load them to this site. So I just stopped trying! Is it true you have to down load first to a photo management site?

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #23 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardware View Post
Yo Bear,

Any update on the uploading (not linking to a URL) image files to the forum yet?

I’m still getting a, “this is not a valid image file” on JPG images that are within the file size & dimension limits (including pics that I’ve uploaded in the past).

Thanks
Last I heard, tech support had an open trouble ticket on it. Maybe they're the same IT group that handles our work computers. Looks like they work on the same time schedule... (Hahaha!! Sorry IT guys!! Just pokin' at ya!!)

So no, nothing new as far I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
I have never been able to down load a photo to this site. Always some error and I just figured people doing that had to down load all thier photos to some other photo site and than down load them to this site. So I just stopped trying! Is it true you have to down load first to a photo management site?

Well, there was a time when you could upload files directly from your computer. The feature is broken at the moment. I have no idea when it'll be fixed.

But to me, it's such a pain to upload directly from your computer, because your pics have to fit the site's parameters. If you're off somewhere, you'll get an error. My experience, it is SOOO much easier to load them to photobucket first, then put them here. PB automatically resizes them. It works every time. Easy as pie.

post #24 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 10:30 PM
MTS

Ok thanks Rick!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #25 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
...But to me, it's such a pain to upload directly from your computer, because your pics have to fit the site's parameters. If you're off somewhere, you'll get an error. My experience, it is SOOO much easier to load them to photobucket first, then put them here. PB automatically resizes them. It works every time. Easy as pie.
Rick - I'm on a MAC. When I wanted to upload a picture, I could 'click' on one that is a HUGE file, and it was all done by PFM* when I hit the button.

*PFM - Pure Friggin' Magic

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #26 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Rick - I'm on a MAC. When I wanted to upload a picture, I could 'click' on one that is a HUGE file, and it was all done by PFM* when I hit the button.

*PFM - Pure Friggin' Magic

Ah, I see. I have no experience with using a MAC. I hope they get this picture thing sorted soon. I never realized how many people uploaded pic files directly from their computer.
post #27 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 08:36 PM

+1 another Mac user. Only use Windows at work because I have to.

Someday is not a day of the week.
post #28 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 08:00 AM

Just trying to load from Photobucket

This is a test to see if I've got this "uploading" from photo-bucket right.

Yep, it looks like I got it right. Thanks a lot Bear!

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor
post #29 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

You got it Don!! And man that bike looks good!
post #30 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Administrator

Garage
This should be resolved. Pennywise confirms.
Attached Images

post #31 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Administrator

Garage
Testing sizing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	800x600.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	13311  
post #32 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiMan View Post
This should be resolved. Pennywise confirms.
Woo hoo!! Now maybe these guys will stop whining and get back to posting pictures of good looking women!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2OWN9.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	13312  
post #33 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Hi - testing...

AND IT WORKS AGAIN!!!!

YAY!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	milk-crate V.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	13331  

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

post #34 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 04:32 PM

It works!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	caminocielo.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	13336  

Someday is not a day of the week.
post #35 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Test - checking the image size.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC07168.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	13340  

Ed

..)

post #36 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
Woo hoo!! Now maybe these guys will stop whining and get back to posting pictures of good looking women!!!!!
Thank you Bear...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	BikeAccessory.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	13342  

~~ Live Like You're Dying ~~

|
|
post #37 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 11:36 PM

So all this picture posting stuff has been about attaching pictures and using the forum as the actual storage? I had been wondering why people didn't just use photobucket, etc

Hoping to become a rider soon
post #38 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 11:44 PM

Hmmm. Test
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Cummins Turbo Tech.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	13343  

Hoping to become a rider soon
post #39 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Garage
@sc_versys: Some users just prefer uploading their images to the forum directly, rather than going to photobucket or imageshack and pasting IMG links.
post #40 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 08:38 AM
MTS

Test! Yep!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bison-Fisherman-Hook - pics .jpg 001.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	13344  

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode