Search issues - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (Kawasakiversys.com) Questions about forum functionality or suggestions for improvement. Need help finding what you're looking for? Let us know here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Question Search issues

A couple of problems, seemingly recent:

1) I do a search for "R1", get lots of results. Click on one of the forum post results, refreshes the page with the search results, not the forum post. Tried with a couple of searches, same result.

2) Using advanced search (attempting to get around problem #1), search for "R1", "no results" response.

Suggestions? Grazi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

Search Function

I need to know what Browser you are using, not that it matters.In 1 you mention search, not sure where you are getting this bit search is personal post search. So #2, advanced search.I am going to break it down by 4 different search functions , Plus the forum specific search. Advanced Search:

Keyword R1 using Search Titles Only or Search Entire Posts =0 posts found, add shock and lots of posts.

When searching, keep the number of words to a minimum, search entire posts needs to find all the words in the search, under titles it is just that, if I was looking for R1 shock using titles I would search Shock , this would be a thread containing just that , a assortment of shocks.

Step 2, if you know Fasteddiecopeman did a R1 Shock posting, Put his name in user name, change from Find Threads to Find posts, many times there is a discusion about farkles on a bike next thing you know someone posts a bunch of pictures and how to in that thread, the thread dies and the info is lost, until I find it, I then put it in How To Forum, which is becoming How To / Hot Topic / Hard to Find Posts/ Just Found Forum, with a alphabetical search.

To go further , if you know the post you are looking for was in[B] For Sale, when searching, go to Find Threads with prefix and select in this case For Sale.

If you still have problems post again, really need more detail and each step you take.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

I understand the search instructions as you've posted, good info. Thanks.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Mr. Onewizard - seems this problem (pages opening, not search tools) persists as follows:

I'm just now in the post for a throttle lock for sale (joeyrocketfilms). In the body of his posting he has a link to a page on Revzilla. I click on that link and the same page I'm currently on in kawasakiversys.com opens in a new browser window, not the revzilla page.

I have done this with several links on the forum, including the links in the search results referred to in the initial request a week ago, and get a new page opening with the same contents - meaning it simply re-opens the same page in a new tab not the clicked-on link.

It dawns on me this behavior started since I had to re-install windows abut 10 days ago, so I presume something in internet explorer settings as opposed to a forum issue.

Tech: win7pro, IE 11 v 11.0.9600.18537, updates 11.0.38 (fully updated I suspect, as auto updates are checked). I don't recall making any adjustments to the settings other than home page, but can't swear to that.

Can you point me in a direction I can resolve this?

Not life threatening, if you get some time - thanks.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

Try Logged Out

I have tried Mozilla, Chrome and Explorer, both logged out and logged in, each time a new browser opened and Revzilla displayed . I also got a attempt from Yahoo to become my search engine, that didn't happen. I think I know what your problem is, and I don't think it is the site, however please try logging out and doing the same action in response to the for sale add on Kaoko, post your results, by that time I should have a answer for you.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Thank you.

I did log out, then back in (manual login), and got the same result on the throttle lock post (same forum page, not revzilla).

Much appreciated.....
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX_Joe View Post
Thank you.

I did log out, then back in (manual login), and got the same result on the throttle lock post (same forum page, not revzilla).

Much appreciated.....
What I asked was to view the post while logged out, everything except the How to can be viewed by non members, if clicking on the link while logged out works, then indeed there is something wrong with the site, I don't think that is the case. I am suggesting to click on the link while logged out, if the same thing happens as logged in, the problem is your browser setting. I have windows 8, I have Mozilla, Chrome and IE , all three performed flawlessly , however there are still remaining issues with Mozilla since the first problem in early December, last 2 updates have helped but Not responding is a common occurrence along with delayed text displaying, the longer on this forum the worse it gets.
There were problems with V8 but V11 IE is what I have and the problem with opening a new browser was to be resolved.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

A Shot in The Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX_Joe View Post
Thank you.

Much appreciated.....
So I will give this a crack, this is really a IT problem, really should know your settings, but going by what you describe and since I can't duplicate it, this may work:

#1 first click on the gear symbol top right corner, second from bottom is internet options click on that
#2 half way down you will see Tabs, click on that
#3 I need you to tell me all the boxes that are checked under Tabbed Browsing, I have 1,3,4---under pop up I have 1 of 3 ( Let Internet****)---under open links I have #2 a new tab in the current*** Now in the middle of that page you will see a "when a new tab is opened open: what you want is A new Tab Page
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Solved!

Sorry this was such a PITA - I finally determined it was the privacy blocker built into my antivirus.

I unleashed it and I could pull up all the external links.

Problem solved, and perhaps a clue for others dealing with odd issues like this - check the blockers!

Previous version of Kaspersky was like a mall cop, current version more like a personal bodyguard.

Thanks very much.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Garage
Hey PHX_Joe,

Glad to hear everything worked out! Thanks @onewizard for all your help -- it is greatly appreciated.

Let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with -- we're here to help. Otherwise, enjoy the site!

Cheers,

Natalie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode