Error message when logging in - - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (Kawasakiversys.com) Questions about forum functionality or suggestions for improvement. Need help finding what you're looking for? Let us know here!

4Likes
  • 1 Post By onewizard
  • 1 Post By KawiMan
  • 1 Post By 1968Jeepr
  • 1 Post By onewizard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Error message when logging in -

Invalid Redirect URL (http://kawasakiversys.com/forums/index.php)

This pops up instead of the main page when I log in - I can still click on the forum and read/post, but I thought this was strange....

A bad day riding beats a good day in the office.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator

Only in Canada / Nobody Cares

Yes, try clicking active topics then log in, if invalid redirect appears, click back , you will notice "log out" is active.

I have contacted admin several times, I have windows 10 and windows 7 computers, Firefox, Chrome and Edge. All three operating systems and two computers get unresponsive script message when I try to quote, this could easily be a bad add on the site targeting my area. It has been implied that it is my two computers and operating systems.Started in July just after the new sign in password change.I have had a third person try from a different location, different IP address and same problem.

So I have a fix for Firefox users. First turn off / uncheck,Hardware acceleration

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...o-fix-problems

I tried changing the integer to 20 from 10 on dom.max_script_run_time this made almost no difference. What I found is when the window pops up script busy, just close the pop up, do not click on anything . This allows a quote in about 20 to 30 seconds
1968Jeepr likes this.

Last edited by onewizard; 09-17-2016 at 06:19 PM.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Garage
Hey there

What page are you trying to log in from? I have tried from within a thread, and from the main page, and I cannot recreate this error you are getting.

Which browser are you using when you get this error? And what skin version of the site are you on?

Dayle
KawiWoman likes this.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiMan View Post
Hey there

What page are you trying to log in from? I have tried from within a thread, and from the main page, and I cannot recreate this error you are getting.

Which browser are you using when you get this error? And what skin version of the site are you on?

Dayle
Ummm, no idea what a "skin version" even is.... I use Google Chrome to get to the Kawasaki Versys Forum, then click on the user name at the upper right of the screen, then type in my password and hit "enter". At that point, the forum header is at the top of the screen and the error message is displayed where the different forum topics usually are..

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
http://kawasakiversys.com/forums/index.php

Then after logging in:
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/login.php?do=login
kiwi69withBoys likes this.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator

Google Chrome / almost impossible to Quote took screen shots

Quote:
Hey there

Dayle
I can take a couple more screen shots and maybe this can be solved from your end.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	98690   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chrome quoting hang up.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	98698  
1968Jeepr likes this.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016, 03:21 PM
Administrator

Garage
You can locate the skin changer at the bottom left of the page.
It is a drop down menu and should state the current skin you have active.
Mine is Kawasakiversys.com (Full-Light).

When you guys attempt this, have you cleared your browsers cache and cookies recently?
Give that a shot, and let us know if that helps out.

Richard.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

Browser is FireFox latest update

Skin changer is full light, I still get a unresponsive script, either replying or quoting, I have unchecked hardware acceleration in FireFox, which allows me to post within 20 to 30 seconds, the faster way was to hit quick reply, go advanced then post about 6 seconds total.Every time I leave all cookies and cache cleared, I have tried other things like disabling script, problem is the top tool bar with bold, italiics, underline, etc. doesn't show, also the emoji don't load.

As to Chrome, impossible unless you are willing to wait 3 or 4 minutes and keep clicking on wait to unresponsive script, basically locks up the whole computer similar to a memory leak. Only way I can post using Chrome is Quick reply then go advanced so I can have a subject displayed.

I have said this many times before, this all started around the time of the password upgrade, and it is not just my computers (2 of them windows 7 and windows 10) I have had someone with a gaming computer try, different IP address , with the same results.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
You can locate the skin changer at the bottom left of the page.
It is a drop down menu and should state the current skin you have active.
Mine is Kawasakiversys.com (Full-Light).

When you guys attempt this, have you cleared your browsers cache and cookies recently?
Give that a shot, and let us know if that helps out.

Richard.
Hey there

Were you able to find the skin version you are using? See our above post for information on that.

Also try the cache and cookies clear. To do that on Chrome, navigate away from this site, then click the 3 dots icon to the right of the address bar, open Settings. Go to History on the left side, the button Clear Browsing Data will be on top. A new window will open with several options. The first four are the ones you want selected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
Skin changer is full light, I still get a unresponsive script, either replying or quoting, I have unchecked hardware acceleration in FireFox, which allows me to post within 20 to 30 seconds, the faster way was to hit quick reply, go advanced then post about 6 seconds total.Every time I leave all cookies and cache cleared, I have tried other things like disabling script, problem is the top tool bar with bold, italiics, underline, etc. doesn't show, also the emoji don't load.

As to Chrome, impossible unless you are willing to wait 3 or 4 minutes and keep clicking on wait to unresponsive script, basically locks up the whole computer similar to a memory leak. Only way I can post using Chrome is Quick reply then go advanced so I can have a subject displayed.

I have said this many times before, this all started around the time of the password upgrade, and it is not just my computers (2 of them windows 7 and windows 10) I have had someone with a gaming computer try, different IP address , with the same results.
There is a thread that was started on this a while ago. We responded in that thread, and no one replied back. This usually means the issue is resolved. If it is still an issue, please don't hijack other member's support threads. Respond in the appropriate thread, here: "unresponsive SCRIPT message".

This thread will be to help the OP with the login errors. If you are experiencing the login errors as well, please add the information specific to that issue in this thread.

Dayle
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Garage
Hey there,

I just disable the drag and drop plugin since it was causing script error messages. let me know if it solved the error message as well.

Lee
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Garage
same skin - Kawasakiversys.com (Full-Light).

I noticed that if I make a mistake entering my password, and go to the " failed login" screen, that everything works normally from that point.

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Problem Largely solved

Quote:
Hey there,

I just disable the drag and drop plugin since it was causing script error messages. let me know if it solved the error message as well.

Lee
Latest news: logging in using Chrome, went in and cleared cache and cookies from beginning of time
I have enabled "use hardware acceleration when available" Login is now normal, for Chrome, Mozilla I get invalid redirect , click back and I am in.

As to posting / quoting, go to unresponsive script thread as I don't want to get a second Hijacking Thread Complaint ( but problem is solved thank you)
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Garage
I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resolved for you.
Has anyone else been able to successfully dodge these issues?

If not, please clear your cache and cookies as mentions by onewizard.

Richard.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I cleared the history " from the beginning of time" and the problem seems to be gone.

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Garage
I'm glad to hear it's no longer an issue.

Our tech team is working on a permanent fix for this issue.

Thank you,

Richard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode