"unresponsive SCRIPT message" - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (Kawasakiversys.com) Questions about forum functionality or suggestions for improvement. Need help finding what you're looking for? Let us know here!

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Fly-Sig
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

"unresponsive SCRIPT message"

Lately (last few weeks) I keep getting this message after I post something

and it's a REAL PITA, as it comes back several times before I can 'move on', and probably TRIPLES my time on the Forum.

Any thoughts or solutions...?

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

Unresponsive Script Wait / KILL ?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post

and it's a REAL PITA, as it comes back several times before I can 'move on', and probably TRIPLES my time on the Forum.

Ever since the password change it takes two to 3 minutes to post anything, using Chrome, editing is instantaneous, so in some cases I have edited my original post because of the PITA unresponsive script on Windows 10 Chrome, FYI it does the same thing using Chrome on windows 7 and also on Firefox. So it is changes to the site. In your case hit continue, in my case I hit wait.

Last edited by onewizard; 11-01-2016 at 05:47 AM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 08:12 PM

Quote:

Write posts 1/3 as long.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 08:33 PM

Garage
Don't see it on my tablet.

This site is full of spyware.

My Versys Travels:

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Garage
Hey there,

Unresponsive scripts are extremely common issues with members and moderators across all boards. these issues have a number of troubleshooting ways to fix it.

Shockwave is usually a pretty big factor in this, along with outdated browsers, flash, java, and not having enough processing power on whatever device you are accessing the board with.

Below are common fixes to fix this. video ad's can be turned to "click to play" instead of autplaying. and a few other fixes can be applied as well to streamline your browser experience.

If it is still an issue, it could be a rogue Ad with bad stuff attached potentially.

keep in mind a number of things can cause this, not just the back end. but could be extensions, plugins, malware, etc.

here is the more common fixes for this:

- shockwave being unstable. disabling or deleting this could help
- updating your flash and java to the lastest update
- any rogue extensions that "auto installed" on your browser without you knowing.
- malware or spyware has piggybacked your browser
- hardware acceleration could be incompatible with your system in general.
- Rogue Ad causing the issue as well.
- Cookies and cache are outdated and need to be cleaned
- temporary internet files on your back end are flooding and fighting for use. doing a disk clean up could help as well.

You can read more about possible fixes below here. These fixes can also apply to chrome, but would be in different areas.

I hope that helps.

- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...ponsive-script

- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-extensions-themes-to-fix-problems

- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...s-fix-problems

- Unresponsive Script Warning - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

~Shane
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

Hijacking Thread/ No Further Replies Under Unresponsive script

Yes That is the message I want to read first thing in the morning. First , it would appear that all indicated solutions point to the user as being the problem, including suggested viruses etc. They are all oriented to Mozilla, Chrome has the same problem but worse.
I said it before, this all happened after the password change, I got extremely frustrated trying to change all kinds of settings on my Browser's, to solve a problem that I run into only on this site, maybe I should throw in the towel and move on to the UK Versys site, which I have 0 problem in posting or logging in. I frequently get invalid redirect when logging in, hit back and there I am logged in on this site.

So I edited this post as in my post #9 I explain the latest development , only took 1 1/2 months to solve. I could have done like some and just left this forum, and because I didn't I felt it appropriate to leave as is what I posted, as a reminder to Administration, without us posters, you don't have a forum, posting adds has been discussed , much earlier discussion about it, pay attention!

Last edited by onewizard; 09-22-2016 at 10:48 AM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 09:51 AM

Safari can get pretty slow on this site. Ad Blocker can help prevent freeze ups but it also slows down loading pages. Lots and lots of crap being pushed to the computer. My adblocker is showing 29 blocked ads just loading this page.

I'm on another forum hosted by the same group and the problems are the same or even worse. Numerous long time members over there are openly discussing leaving the forum. Whoever owns this platform is obviously trying hard to monetize it, which is fine, but they are driving away their membership.
onewizard likes this.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Solved Chrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly-Sig View Post
Safari can get pretty slow on this site. Ad Blocker can help prevent freeze ups but it also slows down loading pages. Lots and lots of crap being pushed to the computer. My adblocker is showing 29 blocked ads just loading this page.

I'm on another forum hosted by the same group and the problems are the same or even worse. Numerous long time members over there are openly discussing leaving the forum. Whoever owns this platform is obviously trying hard to monetize it, which is fine, but they are driving away their membership.
Yes I got 18 blocked adds, this morning I was basically told to take a hike, simply because of adding a comment on a log in problem, suggested that no more postings under this thread indicated the problem was solved. On Chrome I went in and cleared browsing history/cookies from beginning of time, same disabled hardware accelerator and I notice the drag and drop has been disabled in the log in thread. Which probably was the root cause of unresponsive script, about time !
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Browser Chrome & Mozilla Quoting now 100% back to normal

I have now enabled use hardware acceleration when possible, on both Mozilla and Chrome,cleared cache and cookies from beginning of time in Chrome. No more unresponsive script since drag and drop has been disabled--basically it was this site all along
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Garage
Should all be working now. We disabled a plugin that seems to be causing these script errors.

Lee
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiMan View Post
Should all be working now. We disabled a plugin that seems to be causing these script errors.

Lee
Lee - looks like you succeeded!

Thanks,
Ed
onewizard likes this.

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2016, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Lee - looks like you succeeded!

Thanks,
Ed
Glad to hear!

Any other instances of this happening with you or anyone else since the plugin was disabled?

Thanks,
- JB
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Works like before Password change

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiMan View Post
Glad to hear!

Any other instances of this happening with you or anyone else since the plugin was disabled?

Thanks,
- JB
All is good, thanks for acknowledging it was a site problem. Any remaining issues with notification or logging in are minor and easily worked around.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2016, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
All is good, thanks for acknowledging it was a site problem. Any remaining issues with notification or logging in are minor and easily worked around.
If you're having any issues with notifications and logging in, let us know, and we can help.

Had you already created a thread on those issues I can look into?

Thanks,
- Jb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode