Shouldn't there be separate forums for the different models? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (Kawasakiversys.com) Questions about forum functionality or suggestions for improvement. Need help finding what you're looking for? Let us know here!

5Likes
  • 1 Post By zirconx
  • 1 Post By zirconx
  • 1 Post By twowheeladdict
  • 1 Post By ronheater70
  • 1 Post By unstable_rider

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Shouldn't there be separate forums for the different models?

I suggest separate forums for the different models. Probably broken down by gen1, gen2, gen3, and 650 and 1000 models.

When researching or discussing, I often come across what at first appears to be the answer, but then find out it's for a completely different bike.
Irish green likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 08:45 PM

Garage
The 650s are not that different. The posts just need to be more specific. Plus,who is going to spend the time separating them?

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
The 650s are not that different. The posts just need to be more specific. Plus,who is going to spend the time separating them?
The old posts would not be separated, but going forward they would be separated.

Do you mean the 650s aren't that different from each other, or aren't that different from the 1000s?

I am a new gen3 650 owner. I've been researching tons of different mods, maintenance, etc. So far everything has been different on this model vs the older models.
Irish green likes this.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 05:34 AM

Garage
I'm saying the 650s are not that different from each other. Mostly cosmetic, with some changes in vibration damping.

If they were separated, you might not read invaders posts solving technical issues that could apply to your bike as well. Things that aren't in the service manual like lubing the shift linkage at the footpeg.

The mods would have to be diligent in moving threads to their proper places, and it would separate the community somewhat.

That is what I have observed on other forums that separate bikes by generation.
Oldandslow likes this.

My Versys Travels:

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I'm saying the 650s are not that different from each other. Mostly cosmetic, with some changes in vibration damping.

If they were separated, you might not read invaders posts solving technical issues that could apply to your bike as well. Things that aren't in the service manual like lubing the shift linkage at the footpeg.

The mods would have to be diligent in moving threads to their proper places, and it would separate the community somewhat.

That is what I have observed on other forums that separate bikes by generation.
I agree with this.. There was talk of having a separate v1000 space, but I really see no reason to separate the 650's.
Oldandslow likes this.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 06:22 AM

Garage
Yeah, One big happy 'V' Family , Been my experience here that if you wanna know something, just ask, you will get an answer. I feel confident to say that there is nothing about the Versys platform this forum doesn't know

My new escape, 16' Gen3 Versys 650ABS
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
I agree with this.. There was talk of having a separate v1000 space, but I really see no reason to separate the 650's.
Hell, unless specific part numbers are being called out, there really ain't than much reason to separate most of what we discuss. For the most part, it's all pretty generic to most bikes. When some topic is specific, I think a nod to the displacement/generation in the subject would be sufficient.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 07:41 AM

Garage
Being too 'organized' can take the fun out of things. I don't fold my socks either.
saddlebag likes this.

Momma was a Ninja, pappy was a KLR, now it's me Versys the world.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 09:24 AM

Garage
In some ways it would help with organization/searching, but I do like the one big community approach. Just because things may be different doesn't mean the guys on gen 1/2's wont be able to help the new gen3 owners.

It does make it a lot of work to read through all the stickies trying to find specific answers, and asking occasionally gets you a "there has been tons of threads on this already, go search".
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 09:50 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=unstable_rider;1188594] I don't fold my socks either.[/QUOTE]

You sir are just a rebel rowser!!!

Do the sock police have you on file???

PS, l'm for leaving things as they are, 'cept maybe a seperate V1 forum.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 10:17 AM
Administrator

Garage
Hey guys.

we're up for whatever change you want. so long as everyone agrees.

Lee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode