How do you set the time zone? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (Kawasakiversys.com) Questions about forum functionality or suggestions for improvement. Need help finding what you're looking for? Let us know here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

How do you set the time zone?

Hey All,

When I log in, it tells me that the times I post things aren't even close to what the time actually was when I posted. Is there a way to fix this in my profile?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Garage
Hey there,

Yeah, you are able to change the settings with in your UserCP.
Once you are there, on the left hand side of the page, select Edit Options, and scroll down to Date & Time Options.
From here make sure your time zone is set correctly.

I hope this has clarified things for you.

Richard.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiMan View Post
Hey there,

Yeah, you are able to change the settings with in your UserCP.
Once you are there, on the left hand side of the page, select Edit Options, and scroll down to Date & Time Options.
From here make sure your time zone is set correctly.

I hope this has clarified things for you.

Richard.

Hey Richard thanks that worked great!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Garage
Awesome! Glad to hear it.

Danniella
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

Copy Of Thread started in general Discussion

How to Forum / Posting restrictions
I am going to come right out and say it. Many flaws with the UK Versys forum, low membership and some really restrictive and in my opinion prejudiced mod or mods, however, they have something that I have suggested before and that is a "How To Forum"

They also have some restrictions in posting in certain forums where you need to have 20 postings before you are allowed in there.

Lately there has been a influx of people joining this forum asking the same questions and starting new threads on the same subject. Wouldn't it be beneficial to all to have a how to lower, how to add auxiliary lights , how to add a relay

Yes I have been told we have sticky's ----that ain't working, or these questions wouldn't keep popping up.

That or we need a tutorial on how to search on this site, I don't mind helping my fellow Versys rider, that is what this forum is about, but repeating the same over and over again, I just want to ride and let someone else answer!!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Garage
Hey there,

Thank you for the suggestions.
Most of these would have to go through the mods first.

But for your suggestion of the "Tutourial" section, how would you suggest we go about that?
Some members, especially new ones may not read the Welcome PMs, where we could point them towards the stickies and the help sections on the site.

Any other input guys?

Richard.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

How to / Sticky

If all the help threads and sticky's were all itemized in a how to forum, when someone posts a question and we tell them to search or we spend hours trying to find it ourselves, or re-explain how to for the 100th time we direct them to the how to forum.

Another thing that could be done is add something like the report spam in each posting but instead, link it to a existing how to thread, this way good information doesn't get lost in a discussion of backpacks that has a "how to install a center stand" or not.

Another example, I posted Denali Split Sound balm , back awhile ago because I couldn't find the thread related to Bike Review, it took a couple days for someone to respond . I just think some new members get overwhelmed and frustrated trying to search , as really this site is famous for members helping members.
I just think it could be better.

As a example, once the title has been set, no way of editing it, this thread comes up as" How do you set the time zone?"

Unless your curious --no response

Last edited by onewizard; 05-09-2016 at 01:15 PM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Garage
Hey there,

I just wanted to let you know that the mods have taken your suggestions.
And are discussing it at the moment.

If this goes live, you will be notified here!

Thank you for your suggestions.

Richard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode