Yawn!!!!!! - Page 4 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (Kawasakiversys.com) Questions about forum functionality or suggestions for improvement. Need help finding what you're looking for? Let us know here!

29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

Happy to report Chrome Works

Found my Wi Fi repeater was the cause of log in / Notification problems, FYI I have a very old Plaster and lath house with lots of metal in the wall, my Linksys wireless router has a 300 foot range, I am roughly 25 feet and the signal has to pass through four plaster walls, at 25 feet I have a poor signal on my phone. I had the repeater at 20 feet and the signal changed to excellent. The problem comes up when you have a captcha code to enter, there are two signals the original and repeated. I unplug the repeater and log in is fine, If I am downloading large files I plug the repeater back in.

This may or may not help, also I use Chrome with adblocker plus, more or less done with Firefox
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-27-2016, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Exclamation

Thanks, but l solved the problem about a week ago!!!

Better late than never though l s'pose!!!

Last edited by my2wheels; 02-27-2016 at 10:37 AM.
post #63 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-27-2016, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
1/"He's old and doesn't seem to know anything about computers "(Chaptass quote)

2/I'm old too, but age has nothing to do with it.
I think that this is more of a case of 'blame the forum for my tech problems'. That is common with people of all ages.
1/ Do you mean like you don't know anything about getting your facts right?

2/ "Blame the forum"?????....Do you also just make infantile statements without reading the whole thread?
The forum was popping up with adverts all the time, even though l have the latest version of Google Chrome!
I downloaded Adblocker & it has solved the problem.
Which part of that do you need explaining again????

PS, since downloading Adblocker to my system 8 days ago it's eliminated over 10,000 ads from various sites, mainly Yahoo
& THIS site!

Blocked ads:
4 on this page(meaning 4 ads just while l'm posting!)
10186 in total

PPS, a BIG thanks to everyone who did post helpful replies!!!

Last edited by my2wheels; 02-27-2016 at 10:40 AM.

post #64 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 04:06 PM

Chrome + uBlock Origin = web surfing goodness

'08 Versys.. Givi rear rack, JCW trunk and E21's, Givi shield, Madstad bracket, Speedy peg and mirror brackets, lowering kit, SC Seat, R1 Shock.. other stuff
2011 Xterra, '80 CJ-7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #65 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by abramsgunner View Post
Chrome + uBlock Origin = web surfing goodness
Are you Nonwizard's fake n00b???

he's slow on the draw as well!!!

(just incase you think l'm bein' seeeerious!)
post #66 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-03-2016, 07:37 AM

*wizard..... don't know him..

fake nOOb... maybe, got my first email address in Fall of '93, posted to my first motorcycle newsgroup in mid '96 (Suzi GS500E)

slow on the draw... yes, late to the party as usual

bein' seeeerious.... lol, no harm no foul

I noticed the thread was a week old, but it was the first time I had read it and nobody mentioned uBlock Origin, which has become my adblocker of choice.

I live in the sticks and just barely get DSL (I'm about 17,000 ft down the copper) at a speedy 1.5mbps (really 1.3), I need all the help I can get!

onewizard likes this.

'08 Versys.. Givi rear rack, JCW trunk and E21's, Givi shield, Madstad bracket, Speedy peg and mirror brackets, lowering kit, SC Seat, R1 Shock.. other stuff
2011 Xterra, '80 CJ-7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #67 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator

Dsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by abramsgunner View Post
*wizard..... don't know him..

not sure about the wizard thing, Huh?

fake nOOb... maybe, got my first email address in Fall of '93, posted to my first motorcycle newsgroup in mid '96 (Suzi GS500E)

slow on the draw... yes, late to the party as usual

bein' seeeerious.... lol, no harm no foul

I noticed the thread was a week old, but it was the first time I had read it and nobody mentioned uBlock Origin, which has become my adblocker of choice.

I live in the sticks and just barely get DSL (I'm about 17,000 ft down the copper) at a speedy 1.5mbps (really 1.3), I need all the help I can get!

I switched to VOIP a year ago, ended up giving Ma Bell the boot, have what they call a dry loop, doubled my speed on the DSL connection, not as good as cable, between 13 and 15mbps down and 0.9 mbps upload.Only problem with VOIP is when I lose my internet I also lose my phone, takes about 3 to 5 minutes to reboot the phone modem. I was able to port my original phone number, so in Ontario / Canada you have a right to own your original phone number.

You should see if fiber is available in your area.

Last edited by onewizard; 03-04-2016 at 07:35 AM.
post #68 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
You should see if fiber is available in your area.
The only fiber we have around here is in breakfast cereal, & l sorted the problem out many frogs legs dinners ago mon amie!!!!
post #69 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
Well my 'Kool Aid' is working just fine thank you. I have had my present iMac for six years and in that time I have never had a problem with it. I have no virus software, nor do I waste hours downloading and scanning, repairing etc. It still runs as fast as the day I bought it and it never crashes. Six years and counting.

Previously I owned a half dozen Windows-based pieces of sh*t that required hours of anti-virus downloads, scans and virus repairs. They were always the 'wonder' machine when new but six months later they crawled along like a drunk on pay day. I had to take every one of them to my technician for a 'tune up' at least once a year, usually some crap about the registry. I spent more time swearing at the computer than working, and they cost me more than the difference between the cost of a real working, unix based, logical system. Does that sound familiar to you?

I laugh when Microslut users tell me my Mac is no better than Windoze. Now who is really drinking the Kool Aid?

PS Know how Bill Gates came up with the Microsoft name? He was trying to jerk off.

I hate what Apple does and their inflated prices, but I concur. I've had so many Dell, Gateway, HP windows devices that went all virus, malware, pop up, blue screen, re-boot, re-install Windows OVER AND OVER.

I've had the same MacPro3,1 since 2009, and it's just humming along, no issues whatsoever. Once in a while, while trying to find torrents or streaming movies, I'll come across a website that opens up a few tabs and asks me to download new Adobe Flash or some Video codec.. You have to be a flucking moron to click those things. But, once I click "leave page" and close the tabs, I'm back to normal.

Whether OSX is susceptible is one thing. Has it actually been affected? Thankfully, never. I guess the $1300 for my macbook pro is worth the price of the 4 windows machines I went through .

post #70 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2wheels View Post
Blocked ads:
4 on this page(meaning 4 ads just while l'm posting!)
10186 in total

PPS, a BIG thanks to everyone who did post helpful replies!!!
5 on this page
82372 in total

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode