Triumph Street Triple R - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

Triumph Street Triple R

Nice, tempting.......

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 12:04 PM

I'd LOVE one of those.

Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
Reading Material: motobones.com
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 08:40 PM

I road a Speed Triple this summer. Awesome bike but the ergonomics killed my wrists at slower speeds like a sport bike - too much weight on the wrists and the wind blast at 65mph-85mph is incredible and wants to blow you off the back - no more weight on wrists but you better hang on at that speed. It's a blast to ride but I would not call it an all round bike.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 07:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I road a Speed Triple this summer. Awesome bike but the ergonomics killed my wrists at slower speeds like a sport bike - too much weight on the wrists and the wind blast at 65mph-85mph is incredible and wants to blow you off the back - no more weight on wrists but you better hang on at that speed. It's a blast to ride but I would not call it an all round bike.
Thanks for the input! I know the flyscreen and a shield would definitely be needed if I got one. I tend to ride on the brisk side and don't mind long distances so I've got to do a long test ride. I can hop on the V and ride to the mountains and ride a few hours and ride back home - I'd want to be able to do the same on any replacent.

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 05:15 PM

Sweeeeet exhaust note, nice street fighter!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 05:47 PM

Hmm.... That is pretty sweet.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 06:00 PM

As the owner of a Daytona 675, I can tell you that there is no other engine I prefer to that 675cc triple.

As the owner of a Speed Triple that now has 91,400 miles on it, I can tell you that the wind blast can beat you up. Though you can see that the wind never stopped me from riding it during all those years it was my main ride.

But there are several reasons why today I ride the Versys more than the other two combined. By a wide margin.

Visit www.theridesofar.com to learn more about my book, The Ride So Far: Tales from a Motorcycling Life, published by Whitehorse Press. Read a sample chapter of the book or check out the blog.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 05:15 AM

Loved it.... waaahoooo, big big little bike.. very very fast and soooo fun. I'd have the Street R over the Speed Triple any day, well worth the extra costs... second on my list of next to own, just second only to a KTM 950 SE but ahead of a newer Multistrada... go figure that for an economical list in line
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motociclista View Post

But there are several reasons why today I ride the Versys more than the other two combined. By a wide margin.
Care to expound?

Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
Reading Material: motobones.com
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 12:32 PM

My brother had 2 Speed Trip's and I got to ride both of them. I don't think I have ridden a more smoother bike. I would get off the bike and say out loud, " Cheesecake"! And the whistle/growl of that engine is glorious! He told me he got to ride the Street Trip' and said he would have it over the Speed any day because of its nimbleness.

"Nothing bugs a handyman more than a stripper that works too slow" ~ Red Green

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 09:38 PM

Mmm... Street Triple. I've had two test rides, and I don't think there's a machine I want in my garage in a worse way. (Does that read funny to anyone else? I can't seem to fix it, though.) Haven't ridden a Speed, but my experience on the Street was much different than Twowheels' on that bike. The riding position to me was very neutral, not so much forward lean that too much weight was on the wrists, but enough to counter highway speed windblast. Sustained high speeds I could see as being tiring, however. Practicality (i.e. not wanting a 106hp ride as my second bike) and budget are the only reasons I'm not riding one right now.

Jon
'09 Versys in Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode