Kawasaki z1000sx (Ninja) test ride thoughts - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlmjmjm View Post
Memory check......

If I remember correctly, they were quite enthusiastic about the bike!
Thank you, sir!

It's the British mag, BIKE, that's given it lukewarm reviews. They are doing a multipart series called Bike for Britian where 5 bikes (GSXR600, CBR600F, BMW R1200R, Tiger 800, and the Z1000SX) go through a series of trials to determine the best allround bike. The Kwak is doing poorly in last place. Other mags have found it quite a good ride.

I subscribe to too many magazines to keep them straight!

CJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
Thank you, sir!

It's the British mag, BIKE, that's given it lukewarm reviews. They are doing a multipart series called Bike for Britian where 5 bikes (GSXR600, CBR600F, BMW R1200R, Tiger 800, and the Z1000SX) go through a series of trials to determine the best allround bike. The Kwak is doing poorly in last place. Other mags have found it quite a good ride.

I subscribe to too many magazines to keep them straight!

CJ
I've seen the write up in the British magazine as well. Surprising result compared to most other magazines reports.

BTW, this is from the final paragraph of the Motorcycle Consumer News test of the bike:

If it sounds like we’re running out of superlatives, you’re right.
Except for its seat, the Ninja 1000 is a stellar motorcycle that ranks
high on our list of all-time favorites. If you are in the market for
an all-around street bike that could easily pull long-distance sporttouring
duty, give it a close look. You’ll be glad you did

John in AZ
'08 Versys
'11 Victory Cross Roads

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlmjmjm View Post
I've seen the write up in the British magazine as well. Surprising result compared to most other magazines reports.

BTW, this is from the final paragraph of the Motorcycle Consumer News test of the bike:

If it sounds like we’re running out of superlatives, you’re right.
Except for its seat, the Ninja 1000 is a stellar motorcycle that ranks
high on our list of all-time favorites. If you are in the market for
an all-around street bike that could easily pull long-distance sporttouring
duty, give it a close look. You’ll be glad you did
I would totally agree with above, apart from the seat this bike is awesome, have mentioned before but I have no problems with my stock Versys seat so the Ninja seat needs attention so you do not have a numb bum after 2 hrs, I will do the cheaper option first and try to soften the stock seat.

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80-watt Hamster View Post
People need to stop saying good things about this bike. Makes me pout a little that I can't get one. But seeing as you're getting yours broken in now, any eco feedback? One of the riders in the Cycle World Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Experience (a mouthful, no?) tracked fuel consumption, managing an average of 45mpg, with outliers at 35 and 62. If those numbers are achievable, I may consider the N1K instead of a Sprint in a couple of years.
Will be happy to answer any questions on the Ninja 1000 as they call it in Aust/USA and in the UK/NZ they call it the Z1000sx as honestly as i can.

Summing up, if I could only have one bike it would be the Versys but since we are selling my wifes cruiser the Ninja 1000 is the dream bike for me. I am not one for trying to incease power of a stock bike so the 1000 gives me that day ride power and the Versys is my reliable long trip, comfotable, full givi bin system, twisty fun, very forgiving safe horse. If you can afford to have the Ninja 1000 and the Versys its a great combination in my opinion
Kiwi, is this still an accurate assessment of your comparison between the Versys 650 and the Ninja 1000? I've been eyeing a 1000 and looking for feedback on it, from someone who has ridden both.

I read somewhere that the Ninja 1000 provided a harsh ride, in comparison.

Your thoughts? If only one bike for you, would you still opt for the Versys 650?

Thanks.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 10:38 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwwoodard View Post
Kiwi, is this still an accurate assessment of your comparison between the Versys 650 and the Ninja 1000? I've been eyeing a 1000 and looking for feedback on it, from someone who has ridden both.

I read somewhere that the Ninja 1000 provided a harsh ride, in comparison.

Your thoughts? If only one bike for you, would you still opt for the Versys 650?

Thanks.
Im on my 2nd Ninja 1000 now, traded in the 2011 for 2016 version with slipper clutch, powers settings, and full touring model that comes with bins. The newer Ninja with the real cool bin system so as when you take bin off no ugly rack is great. If I could have only one bike then maybe the versys 1000, best of both worlds, V1000 is more comfortable, better for two ups, long distance but in my opinion the Ninja looks better and has a bit more thrust, I can ride my 650 more briskly through very narrow twisty NZ roads than both those litre bikes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode