Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Zephyr 750

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Hankster 
#1 ·
Did anybody have one of these beasts back in the 90's? I understand they did both a shaft and a chain option. I have a chance to pick one up, this being redone by a guy who mostly just rebuilds and sells CBX's, so I know the workmanship will be par exellence. Thought I'd be picking up a smaller café racer sometime soon, but this may be the stable mate my V needs to keep her company this winter. Any comments or gory stories?

#2 ·
I never owned a Zephyr, but did have a 2001 ZR-7S, which was a later iteration. It had different suspension and brakes, but essentially the same engine. It was a good bike and I have noticed that there seem to be a number of prior owners who are members of the forum. The engine was strong, but buzzy at higher rpms. I was often trying to shift into the non-existent 6th gear, which my prior bike had (1984 700S). The only thing I liked better than my Versys was the lower seat height. The Zephyr's main competitor was the Honda Nighthawk 750. The Zephyr was a superior bike in almost every way, but the Honda still outsold it by a wide margin. Here is a link to some performance numbers for the various iterations of bikes using the same engine.
Kawasaki ZR-7 - Performance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.