Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Have you ever owned or ridden a Kawa ZRX1100?

7K views 33 replies 9 participants last post by  saddlebag 
#1 ·
I'm quite interested in this for longer haul trips, & I love the classic looks. All I can recollect about them is they have a bullet proof engine & they can munch the miles.
All the above is no good if they have you leaning forward or they compress your legs (l'm 6ft) or they're just downright uncomfortable.

2002 kawasaki zrx 1200

#8 ·
My buddy paid $5000 several years ago for an '05 in Green with about 8000 miles on it.

It is a fun ride, but it is a Naked bike. Maybe good for back roads touring, but the interstate will beat you up.

I would say that the bike is mild for the size engine. At least that is how it felt to me.

If I stumbled across a Green garage queen, I would be very tempted.

#9 ·
#15 ·
What's his Versys forum name/handle???

1/His only complaint was legroom..

2/ Just couldn't see myself getting rid of the Versys.
1/How tall is he & do u think a long legged 6ft rider would suffer???

2/ I would be keeping the V & using the 1100 for long haul rides if it's comfortable enough, & the wind blast doesn't bother me & l'd most prolly get a flip screen to preserve my neck muscles.....:wink2:

#12 ·
I wonder if they get there data from private sales as well as dealer sales.

When I bought my 93 Honda XR250L in '08 the NADA was $600. That is what I paid. When sold it in '13, NADA was $1200, and that is what I sold it for. In '15, the guy I sold it to, traded it on a new Yamaha 250 dual sport, and got $1200 for the trade.

#14 ·
Buddy of mine had a blue one, don't remember the year. I seriously considered buying it from him when he got his big KTM. Really, really nice bike. His only complaint was legroom. I followed that bike a lot on my Concours and now my Versys. Just couldn't see myself getting rid of the Versys.

#21 ·
#22 ·
After the pain my back gave me today on a 100mile bimble with the missus I might go back to an MX5 & just use the Versys on "good back" days...............:frown2:

PS, that WR650 is a nice looking bike & is a direct rip off of the Bonneville.

#23 ·
After the pain my back gave me today on a 100mile bimble with the missus I might go back to an MX5 & just use the Versys on "good back" days...............:frown2:

I am heading that direction myself, but I am going down fighting.

PS, that WR650 is a nice looking bike & is a direct rip off of the Bonneville.
You say this like we should be surprised. That is one thing the Japanese have done very well. They have copied Moto Guzzi, Ducati, Triumph, Harley, and even Indian. Don't think that they thought highly enough of BMW to copy the Boxer.

#25 ·
Is there a touring windscreen available?

If Kawasaki would come out with an Eddie Lawson Tribute bike with fuel injection, modern brakes, suspension, etc. and of course in Racing Green I would be on board. Not interested in owning a 4 carb bike with spongy suspension and flexing front forks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.