Have you ever owned or ridden a Kawa ZRX1100? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Question Have you ever owned or ridden a Kawa ZRX1100?

I'm quite interested in this for longer haul trips, & I love the classic looks. All I can recollect about them is they have a bullet proof engine & they can munch the miles.
All the above is no good if they have you leaning forward or they compress your legs (l'm 6ft) or they're just downright uncomfortable.

2002 kawasaki zrx 1200
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 11:01 AM

Garage
I absolutely love that bike..
MavAus has one in his profile pic.

14 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS (kawi green)
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Question

What do you think about the price?

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Banned

I'd have bought it already if it was in the green Eddie Lawson colours just for the hell of it!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcu0Xki1Rc8
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 11:35 AM

Garage
Hmmm.. I'm no expert but I'd offer him $3000 and see if he bites. Saddle bags, new chain, pads, etc may add up to $3,450 and it seems like the bikes been taken well care of. However, that year make and model is retailing for $2,340ish (Midwest).
Stud Muffin likes this.

Last edited by 1stversys; 06-17-2016 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Grammar police
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stversys View Post
However, that year make and model is retailing for $2,340ish (Midwest).
Wow, that's super low!!!.........I wouldn't pay asking price anyway, but that's a BIG difference!!!

Where he lives at Bella Vista is an upmarket golfing community outside of Fayettville AR.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 11:55 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2wheels View Post
Wow, that's super low!!!.........I wouldn't pay asking price anyway, but that's a BIG difference!!!

Where he lives at Bella Vista is an upmarket golfing community outside of Fayettville AR.
Understandable. The bike looks sharp that's for sure.
Let us know if he counter offers ya anything

post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 12:11 PM

Garage
My buddy paid $5000 several years ago for an '05 in Green with about 8000 miles on it.

It is a fun ride, but it is a Naked bike. Maybe good for back roads touring, but the interstate will beat you up.

I would say that the bike is mild for the size engine. At least that is how it felt to me.

If I stumbled across a Green garage queen, I would be very tempted.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 12:19 PM

Garage
Heres one with less than 9000 miles and the seller is a member here who made a KLR with the Versys engine.....FS - 2004 ZRX-1200R w/8945mi - TWT Forums

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 12:20 PM

Garage
Yeah I don't know how reliable NADA retail is on that.. It tends to be undervalued on anything older than 10 years

post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 08:41 PM

Garage
I had a red 2002

and now have a green 2005

They are an awesome bike, BULK torque and require a lot of respect. They do not have huge top end like sportsbikes but IMO is more than enough. Gotta go bbl
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 09:44 PM

Garage
Quote:
Yeah I don't know how reliable NADA retail is on that.. It tends to be undervalued on anything older than 10 years
I wonder if they get there data from private sales as well as dealer sales.

When I bought my 93 Honda XR250L in '08 the NADA was $600. That is what I paid. When sold it in '13, NADA was $1200, and that is what I sold it for. In '15, the guy I sold it to, traded it on a new Yamaha 250 dual sport, and got $1200 for the trade.
1stversys likes this.

My Versys Travels:

post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 06:19 AM

Quote:
There's got to be something going on. If one could pick up a bike like that in great condition for under $3k, they've stolen in. I owned one and it was great fun. Not even bad on the highway.
A little fun on the ZRX on Cherohala:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RZ0qDYxuyc
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 08:05 AM

Buddy of mine had a blue one, don't remember the year. I seriously considered buying it from him when he got his big KTM. Really, really nice bike. His only complaint was legroom. I followed that bike a lot on my Concours and now my Versys. Just couldn't see myself getting rid of the Versys.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Heres one with less than 9000 miles and the seller is a member here who made a KLR with the Versys engine.....FS - 2004 ZRX-1200R w/8945mi - TWT Forums
What's his Versys forum name/handle???

Quote:
Originally Posted by redden68 View Post
1/His only complaint was legroom..

2/ Just couldn't see myself getting rid of the Versys.
1/How tall is he & do u think a long legged 6ft rider would suffer???

2/ I would be keeping the V & using the 1100 for long haul rides if it's comfortable enough, & the wind blast doesn't bother me & l'd most prolly get a flip screen to preserve my neck muscles.....
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 11:54 AM

Garage
[QUOTE=my2wheels;1171674]What's his Versys forum name/handle???

He uses the same handle on both forums. Heres one of his threads.....Lots of 09 Blue Versys Parts

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
He uses the same handle on both forums.
Thanks Joe.................seems he's in Texas.
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 01:59 PM

Garage
Quote:
Thanks Joe.................seems he's in Texas.

Fly In....Ride Back...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Fly In....Ride Back...
He's asking top $ already, that really wouldn't make it cost effective.
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 02:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
He's asking top $ already, that really wouldn't make it cost effective.
Just because he's asking top dollar doesn't mean he'll get it. Make him an offer thats comfortable for you. But then i like the blue ones better...

20160209_002 by weljo2001, on Flickr
twowheeladdict likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode