Yamaha FZ-07 Light Tourer - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-08-2016, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Yamaha FZ-07 Light Tourer

I have had my Givi V35 hard bags since 2008. When I purchased them, I told myself I would always own a bike that could use them. The FZ-07 is the third bike I have attached these bags to.

When you buy the Givi racks, you have a choice of adding the trunk plate, or just arms to hold the side bags.  I already have a Givi trunk that I used on my '12 Concours, so decided to go with the trunk plate in case I want to do a loaded down trip with this bike.

I have the Admorelights LED Run/Turn/Brake lights in the saddlebags, added to the Skenedesign LEDS Run/Brake, this bike is lit up nice in the rear.

Now to save up for the engine guards which will hold my Denali lights I had on the Versys, maybe some Skenedesign photon blasters, and hand guards.  I will decide after a few long rides whether a little taller windscreen is needed.  Definitely not for summer riding in the southeast though.
weljo2001 likes this.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-08-2016, 01:26 PM

Garage
Nice Set-Up..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-08-2016, 04:14 PM

My dad has this bike. I like the engine, brakes and especially the smooth shifter. Riding position is a little too sportbike-like for touring IMO

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-08-2016, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyvsSpy View Post
My dad has this bike. I like the engine, brakes and especially the smooth shifter. Riding position is a little too sportbike-like for touring IMO

'16 Versys 650
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-08-2016, 05:04 PM

Very nice indeed. Well done.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-08-2016, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
I always rode the Versys where I sat back further on the seat and leaned forward. I prefer a sport touring riding position for long rides. I feel I sit on a better part of my butt/upper thigh, and my back absorbs bumps better.

My Versys Travels:

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-08-2016, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Put LOTS of stuff into THAT trunk and your Yammie will be even MORE wheelie-prone...!

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-08-2016, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Put LOTS of stuff into THAT trunk and your Yammie will be even MORE wheelie-prone...!

That's for sure!

I typically put fluffy stuff in the top case, or riding layers,or just a place to put the helmet if needed. Doubt I will have it on there much.

My Versys Travels:

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I always rode the Versys where I sat back further on the seat and leaned forward. I prefer a sport touring riding position for long rides. I feel I sit on a better part of my butt/upper thigh, and my back absorbs bumps better.
After visiting my folks last night, I was surprised to see that my dad had bought and installed handle bar risers on the FZ07. I offered to gas up his bike to check it out. Man! What a difference! I felt like I was on a Ducati or something! The seating position is alot more comfortable and that bike just rips! The suspension is a little on the budget side but, IMO, with a more comfortable seat and a taller windscreen(and maybe some side cases)this bike has got to be in the top 3 for dollar to value! I'm jealous😛
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 03:08 PM

Quote:
After visiting my folks last night, I was surprised to see that my dad had bought and installed handle bar risers on the FZ07. I offered to gas up his bike to check it out. Man! What a difference! I felt like I was on a Ducati or something! The seating position is alot more comfortable and that bike just rips! The suspension is a little on the budget side but, IMO, with a more comfortable seat and a taller windscreen(and maybe some side cases)this bike has got to be in the top 3 for dollar to value! I'm jealous😛
If you add the mentioned stuff they would call it an fj 07.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 04:24 PM

I might have considered an FJ-07 when I switched bikes had I know about them. I was only aware of the FZ's and they were too "sport" bikish.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
I might have considered an FJ-07 when I switched bikes had I know about them. I was only aware of the FZ's and they were too "sport" bikish.
Sorry Duffy, I was just kidding. They only have an FJ 09, I was just saying if the modifications that were mentioned were actually done they could call it an FJ 07.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch71 View Post
Sorry Duffy, I was just kidding. They only have an FJ 09, I was just saying if the modifications that were mentioned were actually done they could call it an FJ 07.
2017 Yamaha MT-07 Tracer Sport-Tourer FIRST LOOK Review | Cycle World

They have one. Just not in the US, yet.
aemacleod likes this.

My Versys Travels:

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Yeah, that's the one I found...........kind of sounds like a 700 Tenere. I wanted to check out one of those but the 1000 was way to tall for my short legs.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
...and hand guards.  ....
Question - what does "&nbsp" mean?

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 07:41 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
No idea. I might have copy / pasted this post from the FZ07 forum so might be some formatting thing.

My Versys Travels:

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
it stands for non-breaking space.
it is normally a forced hidden blank charachter or substituted for spaces in web pages.

googlefu : "Another common use of the non-breaking space is to prevent that browsers truncate spaces in HTML pages. If you write 10 spaces in your text, the browser will remove 9 of them. To add real spaces to your text, you can use the   character entity."

Yes probably copied from another forum.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigitt View Post
it stands for non-breaking space.
it is normally a forced hidden blank charachter or substituted for spaces in web pages.

googlefu : "Another common use of the non-breaking space is to prevent that browsers truncate spaces in HTML pages. If you write 10 spaces in your text, the browser will remove 9 of them. To add real spaces to your text, you can use the   character entity."

Yes probably copied from another forum.
https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_entities.asp
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
I've held from buying a bike for a year, was hoping they would release the touring version of the fz-07 in North America in 2017. That is one sexy bike.

Oh well, things turned out alright, got a great deal on my Versys and Im quite happy with it.
aemacleod likes this.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woots View Post
...Oh well, things turned out alright, got a great deal on my Versys and Im quite happy with it.
AND got a BETTER bike, to boot...!

aemacleod likes this.

Ed

..)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode