Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Moto Werk's Goodies For The Versys 1000

9K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  Husky44 
#1 · (Edited)
Ordered some goodies from Speedy at Moto Werk......https://motowerk.com .Package came in yesterday so got everything installed. Was going to order the mirror extenders but didn't because i thought the mirror position was pretty good but after a few blind spot moments i now know i should have ordered them also. So I'll get them soon. Will take some photos of the products installed and make some video reviews on them and post later tomorrow. Rode the bike over 100 miles after putting the stuff on and all i can say is.....:yeahsmile::yeahsmile::yeahsmile:

Ordered.

1. Handlebar Risers

2.Foot Peg Lowering Blocks

3.Lowering Foot Pegs Brake Lever Nut

4.Standard Flat Foot

5.Highway Peg Mounts

#2 ·
BTW.....The Highway Peg Mounts work great with my T-Rex Sliders looks like they were made for each other......:smile2:

#3 ·
Quite the Christmas box I would imagine....

I installed the risers from Motowerks and absolutely love the ride now. Took care of some wrist pain.

On the T-Rex sliders...go take a look at them. With mine installed they are at different angles from one another and wondering if yours are the same.

I had to do some light dremmel action on the plastic ramp piece to keep it from hitting the fairings on each side but other than that, the install was easy. The angles don't really bother me and I just noticed after several weeks.

Appreciate you looking.

#5 · (Edited)
My Sliders went on easy no issues. The bolt for the right side is longer than the left and i needed to use a crescent wrench to hold the metal piece that the bolt went through to keep it lined up and from not warping the plastic support on the metal part of the slider and to keep the lettering on the slider straight

#4 ·
#6 ·
Those are Rivcco Highway Pegs....Amazon usually has the best price.

#8 ·
#10 ·
Nope, That was a gift when i got the FJR...:grin2:

#12 ·
Thanks Speedy, The bike is so much more comfortable and a pleasure to ride now. The peg lowering blocks took the pressure of my knees and hip. In traffic or city with a lot of stop and go situations i would get a cramp at my left hip since i put the peg lowering blocks on thats no longer an issue. :thumb::thumb:

#14 ·
When i first saw the older V-1000's the main thing i didn't like was the exhaust. On the newer one's it doesn't bother me so I'll leave it alone. Besides out here in Cali it's illegal to change the exhaust (on 2014 and newer bikes)unless it passes all the sound and emissions levels out hear

#15 ·
Farkles Almost Complete. Waiting on the Tall V-Stream Windscreen, Keyless Gas Cap & Magnetic Oil Drain Plug i ordered. Only things left on my list are.

1.Moto Werk Mirror Extenders.

2.A GPS Mount I Like.

3.Re-Work The Seat.

#16 ·
Joe - for a 'magnetic drain plug', you can buy small "rare-earth-magnets" and drill a small 'dimple' into your oil-drain plug, then put the magnet into it - believe me - they WILL be stuck in there FOREVER...!

I have some that are .396" x .121" (just under 13/32" x 1/8" - and .396" is VERY close to 10mm).

#17 ·
Thanks for the info Ed, But its already shipped and is on its way.

#18 ·
#19 ·
#20 ·
#21 ·
#23 ·
#26 ·
#30 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.