Moto Werk's Goodies For The Versys 1000 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Moto Werk's Goodies For The Versys 1000

Ordered some goodies from Speedy at Moto Werk......https://motowerk.com .Package came in yesterday so got everything installed. Was going to order the mirror extenders but didn't because i thought the mirror position was pretty good but after a few blind spot moments i now know i should have ordered them also. So I'll get them soon. Will take some photos of the products installed and make some video reviews on them and post later tomorrow. Rode the bike over 100 miles after putting the stuff on and all i can say is.....

Ordered.

1. Handlebar Risers

2.Foot Peg Lowering Blocks

3.Lowering Foot Pegs Brake Lever Nut

4.Standard Flat Foot

5.Highway Peg Mounts

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 09-13-2016 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
BTW.....The Highway Peg Mounts work great with my T-Rex Sliders looks like they were made for each other......

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 03:54 PM

Quite the Christmas box I would imagine....

I installed the risers from Motowerks and absolutely love the ride now. Took care of some wrist pain.

On the T-Rex sliders...go take a look at them. With mine installed they are at different angles from one another and wondering if yours are the same.

I had to do some light dremmel action on the plastic ramp piece to keep it from hitting the fairings on each side but other than that, the install was easy. The angles don't really bother me and I just noticed after several weeks.

Appreciate you looking.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Sneak Peek....

Sneak Peek.....

Versys 1000 Moto Werk's Goodies by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorgb View Post
Quite the Christmas box I would imagine....

I installed the risers from Motowerks and absolutely love the ride now. Took care of some wrist pain.

On the T-Rex sliders...go take a look at them. With mine installed they are at different angles from one another and wondering if yours are the same.

I had to do some light dremmel action on the plastic ramp piece to keep it from hitting the fairings on each side but other than that, the install was easy. The angles don't really bother me and I just noticed after several weeks.

Appreciate you looking.

My Sliders went on easy no issues. The bolt for the right side is longer than the left and i needed to use a crescent wrench to hold the metal piece that the bolt went through to keep it lined up and from not warping the plastic support on the metal part of the slider and to keep the lettering on the slider straight

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 09-13-2016 at 04:52 PM.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Those are Rivcco Highway Pegs....Amazon usually has the best price.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 06:01 PM

niice!
I need to order the highway pegs.....
what is the thing hanging behind the highway pegs?

Versys 2015 Green
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chid View Post
niice!
I need to order the highway pegs.....
what is the thing hanging behind the highway pegs?

Gremlin Bell....

T-Rex Sliders & Gremlin Bell by weljo2001, on Flickr
P.E. and JoeFatFUBAR like this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 01:09 PM

Did he throw in the dingleberry behind the highway peg? Curb feeler?
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Did he throw in the dingleberry behind the highway peg? Curb feeler?

Nope, That was a gift when i got the FJR...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 10:48 AM

Glad you like them
weljo2001 likes this.

Speedy
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Gonzalez View Post
Glad you like them

Thanks Speedy, The bike is so much more comfortable and a pleasure to ride now. The peg lowering blocks took the pressure of my knees and hip. In traffic or city with a lot of stop and go situations i would get a cramp at my left hip since i put the peg lowering blocks on thats no longer an issue.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 11:18 AM

So when are you going to add the slip on exhaust?
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud Muffin View Post
So when are you going to add the slip on exhaust?

When i first saw the older V-1000's the main thing i didn't like was the exhaust. On the newer one's it doesn't bother me so I'll leave it alone. Besides out here in Cali it's illegal to change the exhaust (on 2014 and newer bikes)unless it passes all the sound and emissions levels out hear
JoeObesity likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Farkles Almost Complete. Waiting on the Tall V-Stream Windscreen, Keyless Gas Cap & Magnetic Oil Drain Plug i ordered. Only things left on my list are.

1.Moto Werk Mirror Extenders.

2.A GPS Mount I Like.

3.Re-Work The Seat.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Joe - for a 'magnetic drain plug', you can buy small "rare-earth-magnets" and drill a small 'dimple' into your oil-drain plug, then put the magnet into it - believe me - they WILL be stuck in there FOREVER...!

I have some that are .396" x .121" (just under 13/32" x 1/8" - and .396" is VERY close to 10mm).

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Joe - for a 'magnetic drain plug', you can buy small "rare-earth-magnets" and drill a small 'dimple' into your oil-drain plug, then put the magnet into it - believe me - they WILL be stuck in there FOREVER...!

I have some that are .396" x .121" (just under 13/32" x 1/8" - and .396" is VERY close to 10mm).

Thanks for the info Ed, But its already shipped and is on its way.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-03-2016, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
More Motowerk Goodies for the V-1000 .........https://motowerk.com/collections/kawasaki-versys-1000

Will Post Photos and Video's Tomorrow

Installed Today.

1.New Above The Clock GPS Mount

2.Lowering Kit

2.Mirror Extenders

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Decided to lower the 1000 like i did my 650. So much easier to get my leg over and rides great. Very simple install.......https://motowerk.com/collections/kaw...nt=16020194883

IMG_6266 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_6264 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_6265 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1010562 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1010556 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Big improvement for the mirrors can see a lot more of whats behind and beside me.....https://motowerk.com/collections/kaw...nt=27608070275

P1010557 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1010558 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode