Help me immigrate to Canada - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 07:43 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
After's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Athens-Greece
Posts: 227
Help me immigrate to Canada

I took the decision that i must immigrate to Canada, especially Alberta(Edmonton, Calgary)
My sister is allready there and her job(legal offcourse) is Civil Engineer

Ι want offcourse to migrate the right way, which means that i must find a job first(i think)
My specialization is up to sales/marketing in Brand companys and i have a university degree of economics

Can you help me in ANY way, even giving me simple information about what job to search?Ι mean with what job could i take residence permits?

Any any any help counts
Thank you

p.s. Is it possible to work in canada in motorcycle sector?
After is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
After's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Athens-Greece
Posts: 227
After some search i saw that there are several stores in Edmonton
Is it possible to find a legal job there?
After is offline  
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 08:47 AM
Member
 
kiwi 41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 44.24'S 171.15'E Timaru, NewZealand
Posts: 7,968
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by After View Post
After some search i saw that there are several stores in Edmonton
Is it possible to find a legal job there?
If you can't find a legal job I am sure there are plenty of illegal jobs
kiwi 41 is offline  
post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 08:58 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charleston, sc
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
If you can't find a legal job I am sure there are plenty of illegal jobs
DudeMang is online now  
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
After's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Athens-Greece
Posts: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
If you can't find a legal job I am sure there are plenty of illegal jobs


What do you mean?(kidding right?)
After is offline  
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 09:09 AM
Member
 
kiwi 41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 44.24'S 171.15'E Timaru, NewZealand
Posts: 7,968
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by After View Post
What do you mean?(kidding right?)
Yep I am kidding, its 3.05 am thursday and I am bored at work.

All the best with getting some info and am sure some of the kind Canadians on this forum will be able to give you some more correct advice than mine.
kiwi 41 is offline  
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 09:34 AM
Member
 
kenr74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The wet part of Oregon
Posts: 779
You know Canada if full of Canadians right?

Just kidding. Everytime I visit there I think that is what the US should be like or maybe was like. Great people and beautiful country.
kenr74 is offline  
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 09:42 AM
Member
 
twowheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by After View Post
I took the decision that i must immigrate to Canada, especially Alberta(Edmonton, Calgary)
My sister is allready there and her job(legal offcourse) is Civil Engineer

Ι want offcourse to migrate the right way, which means that i must find a job first(i think)
My specialization is up to sales/marketing in Brand companys and i have a university degree of economics

Can you help me in ANY way, even giving me simple information about what job to search?Ι mean with what job could i take residence permits?

Any any any help counts
Thank you

p.s. Is it possible to work in canada in motorcycle sector?
It is a lot easier to get a work visa if you have a specialized skill that is in demand although there are other paths. I would contact an consulate and see what they have to say.

You can work in Canada but you must first be hired and sponsored by an employer. To do this the employer must apply for a work permit on your behalf and your particular skill must not be available locally.

Motorcycle, small engine mechanics here get very little money and it is not really considered a highly specialized skill. The fact you have a university degree and speak English fluently will be a big thing in your favour, also the fact your sister is here may be of help.

Last edited by twowheels; 10-24-2012 at 09:46 AM.
twowheels is offline  
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
After's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Athens-Greece
Posts: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenr74 View Post
You know Canada if full of Canadians right?

No kidding!!!!


I allready send some CV'S in motorcycle stores, hope to have an answer

As said before, my sister allready working there but she can't call me as a relative before closing 1.5years of leaving there
I am trying to go there faster, even next month!!!

Will i have more luck if i go there as a tourist(i have the permition to stay there 6 months) and find a job, or better send emails by my home?

Sorry for so many questions, it is not easy
After is offline  
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 12:20 PM
Member
 
killerkeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cambridge Ontario
Posts: 93
come here on vacation and marry one.

Honda CBR125R Sold
Kawasaki Ninja 650R Sold
Yamaha Zuma 50 Sold
Kawasaki Ninja250R Sold
Kawasaki Versys Current Bike
killerkeith is offline  
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
After's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Athens-Greece
Posts: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
It is a lot easier to get a work visa if you have a specialized skill that is in demand although there are other paths. I would contact an consulate and see what they have to say.

You can work in Canada but you must first be hired and sponsored by an employer. To do this the employer must apply for a work permit on your behalf and your particular skill must not be available locally.

Motorcycle, small engine mechanics here get very little money and it is not really considered a highly specialized skill. The fact you have a university degree and speak English fluently will be a big thing in your favour, also the fact your sister is here may be of help.


I really really thank you
After is offline  
post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 01:42 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 155
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp Here is a good place to start. Generally there are family sponsored, work sponsored, general applications, and refugee applications. You will find work sponsored is the fastest and Edmonton's economy is booming especially in the oil sector. Family takes much more time unless it is marriage. Best of luck, and start studying the rules of Ice Hockey if you want to blend in with us locals.

www.farklemyride.com for reviews on all motorcycle accessories as well as other great motorcycle news, stories and video.
splitmind is offline  
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 03:06 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 566
Not paying enough taxes in your country? hehe

If you have a cute sister maybe I could help by marrying her. I just have such a big heart

Last edited by Kawa007; 10-24-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Kawa007 is offline  
post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
After's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Athens-Greece
Posts: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawa007 View Post
Not paying enough taxes in your country? hehe

If you have a cute sister maybe I could help by marrying her. I just have such a big heart

She is married with 2 children

Maybe your help is bigger if you marry me
After is offline  
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 566
My neighbor is 320lbs, 5' tall. I can talk to her about you, she could marry you and have kids to get you across the border
Kawa007 is offline  
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
After's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Athens-Greece
Posts: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawa007 View Post
My neighbor is 320lbs, 5' tall. I can talk to her about you, she could marry you and have kids to get you across the border


Thanks mate, i prefer to marry you
After is offline  
post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 06:29 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 566
Funny thing is I was born in Canada, and sometimes I'm considering moving in another country...I guess the grass is always greener on the other side
Kawa007 is offline  
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 08:05 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 161
All I can say is that if Romney gets elected my wife and I are heading somewhere. If it's Canada, so be it. A little cold for her but much easier to get to than Europe.
massconn72 is offline  
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 08:11 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 566
If Romney gets elected Im changing continent hehe There's some warm places in Canada like Vancouver, expensive, but the only snow you'll see will melt within a few hours.
Kawa007 is offline  
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 08:59 AM
Member
 
jrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dale City, VA
Posts: 206
I came here to America because of the freedom and opportunities it provides to an individual. I know you are not suppose to talk about politics here in this forum but i cant help wondering why you want to have this current president re-elected. I have seen leaders like this from where i came from and it gives me pause to think what could become of this great nation after he is done with "fundamentally transforming" it. You dont know what you have until you lose it. Just my 2 cents.
jrider is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome