Motorcycle Pursuit in South Carolina - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

6Likes
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By Metalmad
  • 1 Post By Lurch71
  • 1 Post By vaulter
  • 2 Post By fasteddiecopeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Motorcycle Pursuit in South Carolina

Use to live in Summerville and Moncks Corner, S.Carolina. Goose Creek is between the two. Saw this today.....Berkeley Co. deputies release dash cam video in fatal motorcycle - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports . At 5:07 of the video he goes by the Dorchester Sheriffs Dept in Summerville on the right side

invader likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 04-20-2017 at 09:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 09:32 PM

why didn't they push him at 2:03..
weljo2001 likes this.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky.

2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 10:39 PM

What a fool. Had to have been DUI. I thought he was going to rear end that car!
weljo2001 likes this.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch71 View Post
What a fool. Had to have been DUI. I thought he was going to rear end that car!

Probably right lots of drunks on the roads around there. My mother and step-father owned several bars. 1 in Dorchester County and 1 in Colleton County South Carolina. They also had an amusement business that had pool tables and arcade machines as well as poker machines in lots of bars in the countys around there. So i was running a bar or collecting money from machines which put me in bars everyday. Was a fun time also it seems the women outnumbered the men like 3 to 1 back then.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 07:01 AM

Garage
Where I live the LEOs will not pursue a motorcycle unless the person is a suspect in a felony.

My Versys Travels:

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 12:48 PM

Dude was killed

"A Berkeley County deputy has been placed on leave after colliding with a speeding motorcycle during a chase Wednesday night, resulting in a wreck that killed the rider".

Killed for speeding.

Ride more, bitch less - secret to good life!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

I can NOT believe that the LEO continued the pursuit, going thru 'red-lights' at 75 to 100 MPH! What an idiot!

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 01:55 PM

"When the motorcyclist attempted to accelerate away, the operator appears to have missed a gear while the motorcycle continued to slow, causing contact between the motorcycle and the front right corner of the deputy's vehicle, Cochran said."

Interesting... I've never seen a police car with a stick shift. To me it looks like intentional collision period.
Metalmad likes this.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaulter View Post
"When the motorcyclist attempted to accelerate away, the operator appears to have missed a gear while the motorcycle continued to slow, causing contact between the motorcycle and the front right corner of the deputy's vehicle, Cochran said."

Interesting... I've never seen a police car with a stick shift. To me it looks like intentional collision period.
The motorcycle missed the gear and slowed down. You can hear his engine rev right as the cop nails him.

Science...because we don't figure things out by praying.

Last edited by saddlebag; 04-24-2017 at 12:49 PM.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Was a fun time also it seems the women outnumbered the men like 3 to 1 back then.
Yeah, but what was the ratio of women with teeth to men?

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Yeah, but what was the ratio of women with teeth to men?

We are not talking about Ohio.....SC,GA,& Alabama has lot of gorgeous women in those woods....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:
We are not talking about Ohio.....SC,GA,& Alabama has lot of gorgeous women in those woods....
Well, if you're into curly tails and squealin, then who am I to argue?

After I thought about it, after a night of cocktails at the honkey tonk, teeth are probably over rated anyway.

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Well, if you're into curly tails and squealin, then who am I to argue?

After I thought about it, after a night of cocktails at the honkey tonk, teeth are probably over rated anyway.

You must be thinking about Arkansas...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX_Joe View Post
"A Berkeley County deputy has been placed on leave after colliding with a speeding motorcycle during a chase Wednesday night, resulting in a wreck that killed the rider".

Killed for speeding.

I'd say he got killed for refusing to stop, reckless driving, engendering lives and so on. In the span of 5 minutes he did a lot more that just driving over the speed limit.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 06:43 PM

Quote:
I actually like Arkansas. Saw a young gal do a most sensual dance to a Rolling Stones cover band there.

SC was a bummer for me from jump street. Got to the resort and immediately got hassled for drinking a beer...AT A VACATION RESORT!
Next, we did get to see Churchill's bar in Savannah. That was kinda cool, but the weather was miserable.
The best part was driving a golf cart around scaring the alligators. Again, miserable weather. Didn't get caught doing donuts, but got scolded for not wearing a shirt.
Went to see some lousy fireworks and got caught in traffic seemingly forever.
Next, went to a titty bar and some ho stole my money off the bar while I was taking a crap. Damn toilet didn't work either. Came back and asked my bro in law who was at the table. He pointed and I went over and put a little move on her arm that had her other one was passing back my cash.
Then their dickhead bouncer decided to come over and give me a hard time for dropping an ash on his carpet. Put my money away and left...never to return.
You can have my share. State didn't agree with me at all...

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
I actually like Arkansas. Saw a young gal do a most sensual dance to a Rolling Stones cover band there.

SC was a bummer for me from jump street. Got to the resort and immediately got hassled for drinking a beer...AT A VACATION RESORT!
Next, we did get to see Churchill's bar in Savannah. That was kinda cool, but the weather was miserable.
The best part was driving a golf cart around scaring the alligators. Again, miserable weather. Didn't get caught doing donuts, but got scolded for not wearing a shirt.
Went to see some lousy fireworks and got caught in traffic seemingly forever.
Next, went to a titty bar and some ho stole my money off the bar while I was taking a crap. Damn toilet didn't work either. Came back and asked my bro in law who was at the table. He pointed and I went over and put a little move on her arm that had her other one was passing back my cash.
Then their dickhead bouncer decided to come over and give me a hard time for dropping an ash on his carpet. Put my money away and left...never to return.
You can have my share. State didn't agree with me at all...

You just don't know where to go. I could show you some places that only come alive at night out in the boonies.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 07:17 PM

Quote:
You just don't know where to go. I could show you some places that only come alive at night out in the boonies.
True. I was just a tourist. We were on Hilton's head.

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
True. I was just a tourist. We were on Hilton's head.

Hilton Head....that explains it. Unless you're from old money there.....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
...After I thought about it, after a night of cocktails at the honkey tonk, teeth are probably over rated anyway.
Quote:
Did you guys know that the "toothbrush" was invented in Arkansas...? If it'd been invented anywhere else, they'd have called it the "TEETHBRUSH".

weljo2001 and saddlebag like this.

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 12:34 PM

Meh, I have no problem with it.. Accident didn't look severe enough to cause death though, But I guess it was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode