This is Canada Thread 2017 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

6Likes
  • 1 Post By twowheels
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 2 Post By invader
  • 1 Post By invader
  • 1 Post By bigaussie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

This is Canada Thread 2017

The "This is Canada" thread was getting a bit long so thought I would restart it for 2017.

Still a ton of snow on the ground but it is supposed to hit 9C on Thurs here in Ottawa, and the days are getting longer, and warm weather has already melted most of the packed snow covering side streets. May be a good time to wake the bike from hibernation, at least temporarily
onewizard likes this.

Last edited by twowheels; 02-19-2017 at 10:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 11:29 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Must visit the little country just north of Trump central sometime. Its on my to do list but this year its Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore for me and Mrs Kiwi.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 12:09 AM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
Must visit the little country just north of Trump central sometime. Its on my to do list but this year its Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore for me and Mrs Kiwi.
Be very careful, Kiwi... It's a wild world out there!
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
The "This is Canada" thread was getting a bit long so thought I would restart it for 2017.

Still a ton of snow on the ground but it is supposed to hit 9C on Thurs here in Ottawa, and the days are getting longer, and warm weather has already melted most of the packed snow covering side streets. May be a good time to wake the bike from hibernation, at least temporarily
This has nothing to do with snow, nor how political policies may play out over the next few years, but it caught my attention. "Canadians must be proud to have a bright, informed, inspired, educated and articulate leader who is able to address complex subjects in complete sentences." Can you imagine Donald Trump attempting to explain quantum mechanics?

Certainly not all will agree but in comparison you aren't saddled with the Emperor Donald Trump as your PM. And there's no need to slam me as a commie pinko liberal - I voted for Obi-Wan Kenobi, "our Only Hope."

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
... "Canadians must be proud to have a bright, informed, inspired, educated and articulate leader who is able to address complex subjects in complete sentences." Can you imagine Donald Trump attempting to explain quantum mechanics?...
Arion - I do NOT want to "burst your bubble", but our PM Trudeau definitely CAN'T...!

-

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
Can you imagine Donald Trump attempting to explain quantum mechanics?
No I can't, but I'm sure if he did Kellyanne Conway would appear shortly after his explanation, on Fox News, to explain that when he said "it sucks", he was not really referring to science but terrorism, and when he referred to physicists as "pin heads" he meant you could fit several atoms on the head of a pin, they are so small.

Last edited by twowheels; 02-24-2017 at 07:00 PM.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 08:45 PM

Garage
Surprisingly no snow in thunder bay but the temperature just dropped. So no riding for me
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 09:23 PM

Garage
Here in Terrace BC, the Sun has been out and it looks like perfect motorcycle weather. THEN when you step outside... brrrr. We're supposed to get snow a couple times next week, but if the Sun is out again tomorrow I MIGHT re-insure my Versys.

A cold ride is better than no ride at all!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 01:08 PM

Garage
Day 100 for Motorcycle Storage today. It's been a real easy Winter around here, so I hope that means an early start to the next riding season...

This is Canada

Always trust your cape.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATYC View Post
Day 100 for Motorcycle Storage today. It's been a real easy Winter around here, so I hope that means an early start to the next riding season...

This is Canada
ATYC - you should try some "ice-racing" for the mid-winter 'blahs'....

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 04:58 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
ATYC - you should try some "ice-racing" for the mid-winter 'blahs'....
There's no ice! Weirdest February ever. No ice or snow anywhere around here. Hell, I almost put the bike back on the road last week, but I KNOW there will be a few more little blasts before I can really start 2017.

Always trust your cape.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATYC View Post
There's no ice! Weirdest February ever. No ice or snow anywhere around here. Hell, I almost put the bike back on the road last week, but I KNOW there will be a few more little blasts before I can really start 2017.
I'm in Barrie Ontario and there's very little snow here. There is ice on the lake but I'm not going on it this year.
The recent melt has been very nice, before that I had 12 foot piles of snow on my lawn.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

A BETTER way to spend winter...

Alberta...

Arizona...

saddlebag likes this.

Ed

..)

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 02:31 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to farmerboy
Dorset UK
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uk weather.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	116065  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 03:40 PM

Exclamation

This is Kapuskasing, Canada this morning... 1944's record low of -36.7 C (-34 F) for March 4th is now beaten at -37.x C.
Thermometer at about -38 F (-38.9 C)

chid and ATYC like this.

Last edited by invader; 03-04-2017 at 03:52 PM.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
This is Kapuskasing, Canada this morning... 1944's record low of -36.7 C (-34 F) for March 4th is now beaten at -37.x C.
Thermometer at about -38 F (-38.9 C)

When I used to drive back-and-forth, sometimes thru the "Kap" - I seem to remember a sign saying that "Blind River" (just down the road a bit, as I recall) had had the coldest temp in Canada...?

Ed

..)

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
When I used to drive back-and-forth, sometimes thru the "Kap" - I seem to remember a sign saying that "Blind River" (just down the road a bit, as I recall) had had the coldest temp in Canada...?
We omit "the" when referring to Kap... No. Blind River is way down south on Huron lake's north passage. We sometimes happen to be the coldest or hottest spot in Canada, not including NWT, Yukon, and Nunavut. General Motors Cold Weather Development Center is here since 1972.

bigaussie likes this.

Last edited by invader; 03-05-2017 at 11:34 PM.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 09:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Yikes and Victoria, BC is complaining about a bit of snow and -6C / +20F
quexpress likes this.

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people dont have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

WHITE River, ON

Did a little thinking, then 'Googled' White River.

I believe that is the one I meant.

I 'pipe-lined' in AB and BC, then did flying training in Moose Jaw, SK at well below -40F.

Ed

..)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode