Motorcycle Camping in the US - good idea for a visiting Brit? - Page 3 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 10:27 PM

Garage
Now that you're in Texas you have to get some Bar-B-Que, Chicken Fried Steak and Tex-Mex. ( Chicken Enchiladas w/Sour Cream Sauce is a good choice )

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 06:38 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to farmerboy
Chicken filet in Lufkin yesterday was very nice - food seems to be exceptional in this part of the world!
Looking forward to the Cook Off in Houston today... I am not sure what it is but I have a couple of tickets to sample the food so my weight loss program is on the ropes....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0426.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	116537  
post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 10:33 AM

When on vacation a diet is out of the question. It's a time to try some of the odd local foods. The "Testicle Festival" in Montana comes to mind. I believe that's in August though.
post #44 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator

John - in pic #4, I'm NOT seeing your brake lights...?

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #45 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 06:43 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to farmerboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
John - in pic #4, I'm NOT seeing your brake lights...?

Thanks, I shall check it this morning. I would not be surprised if it was u/s! I was fitting the ring for the tank bag yesterday and I noticed that 2 of the handlebar clamp bolts were loose - the bars moved when I was pushing the bike! I appreciate they are rubber mounted but I could see the top clamp move! The mirrors were also loose and flapping in the breeze! All tightened up now but it is a bit worrying that no "pre-delivery" inspection was done on a new bike...
I have checked most nuts and bolts but I have a very limited toolkit.

John
post #46 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 09:29 AM

Don't come. We defeated you back in 1776 and have gotten rid of all Loyalists since then.

J/k? Good luck!
post #47 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerboy View Post
...I have checked most nuts and bolts but I have a very limited toolkit.

John
On EARLY Gens, some brake caliper mounting bolts were LOOSE from the factory, so I'd check those for sure. I KNOW the values are slightly different on your '15, but specs for my '08 are: front 25'/#; rear 18'/#.

I seem to recall that Gen 3s are 25'/# for both ends.

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode