need help and constructive criticism..First Video - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

need help and constructive criticism..First Video

So I did this quick ride over the weekend around my house..

Disclaimer: Its a rather boring country road riding video im using for practice for a trip in March in the mountains.

So I used imovie and used default soundtracks after separating out the audio to get rid of the wind noise.

1. Id like to use some of my Itunes downloads as soundtracks, but doesn't that get into copyright issues on you tube?

2. Camera Placement..seems O.k to me, its on my right side of my helmet.. would a bike mount be better? H ow do the Versys vibes effect it? I really don't want to run two cameras, but this seems O.k to me?

3. Is there a better editing software out there? My Daughter was telling me about some subscription software you need to pay 9 bucks a month for, Id like something free..

4. Quality.. I recorded in 1080, but it default plays in 360, can I fix this?

5. I guess a rather dumb question is, can I insert photos in the middle of the video clips, I have seen some of you do that..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 11:45 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
So I did this quick ride over the weekend around my house..

Disclaimer: Its a rather boring country road riding video im using for practice for a trip in March in the mountains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKwmKzBKtn8

So I used imovie and used default soundtracks after separating out the audio to get rid of the wind noise.

1. Id like to use some of my Itunes downloads as soundtracks, but doesn't that get into copyright issues on you tube?
if the music is monetized and your channle is monetized you will get a strike and/or loose revenue
2. Camera Placement..seems O.k to me, its on my right side of my helmet.. would a bike mount be better? H ow do the Versys vibes effect it? I really don't want to run two cameras, but this seems O.k to me?
i aways thought helmet mount is better that way it records where you look
3. Is there a better editing software out there? My Daughter was telling me about some subscription software you need to pay 9 bucks a month for, Id like something free..
there is tons of editing software out there some free, some not, its kinda a matter of how much do you wanna do? i use easy movie maker from the windows 10 play store, its free and SUPER simple, just at the same time very limited
4. Quality.. I recorded in 1080, but it default plays in 360, can I fix this?
sometimes you tube will drop the play back quality rate to compensate slower bandwidth rates, i got it to play in 1080 no problem
5. I guess a rather dumb question is, can I insert photos in the middle of the video clips, I have seen some of you do that..
like i said befor that depends on what editing program you use, you can with the ones i use
i hope that helps

yes im a guy. and i have a husband
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Silvie, that Helps.. Just curious as to question 1.. I really plan on using it to get my Son interested a bit on the street scene and to also film some trout fishing rides etc.. basically just to share amongst friends, forum members etc,, nothing beyond that.. so would that be an issue with the music?
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 01:05 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
Thanks Silvie, that Helps.. Just curious as to question 1.. I really plan on using it to get my Son interested a bit on the street scene and to also film some trout fishing rides etc.. basically just to share amongst friends, forum members etc,, nothing beyond that.. so would that be an issue with the music?
dont monetize your account and you should be fine, they will let you know if cant have the music by removing it (and all sound)from your video

yes im a guy. and i have a husband
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 01:14 PM

Garage
I too use Movie Maker for Windows, and find it very flexible, allow you to insert still photos.

I use Paint to create text JPG's for titles.

Here is a quick one I put together after a ride on Monday to demonstrate to my riding buddy how easy it was.

Excuse the typo - I did it too quickly

It allows you to keep the original sound track and add music, and gives you the choice of promoting one over the other - in this case I promoted the music.

This is filmed using an old GoPro2 on a Ram Mount with a mirror base. Much better than the GoPro base.

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people don’t have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 01:25 PM

You can indeed insert pictures in iMovie. iMovie is actually very powerful for a freebie. Great special effects, slow motion, voice overs, titling etc. You can get some good training on Youtube! Takes some creativity and time to put together some good movies.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 02:34 PM

Garage
I have IMovie you can insert photos, Do picture in picture or side by side with 2 separate videos. Just click the help section and its gives you lots of info....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

O.k guys, thanks for all the advice.. I'll Play around this weekend and see what I can get accomplished! Sounds like I may have decent software with imovie, I just need to learn the ropes a little better. I'll stick with it for now and see what happens.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 04:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
O.k guys, thanks for all the advice.. I'll Play around this weekend and see what I can get accomplished! Sounds like I may have decent software with imovie, I just need to learn the ropes a little better. I'll stick with it for now and see what happens.

IMovie is all I've used since 2011. Its a great program for me because its simple.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode