A "True" Lowrider HD in action - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

1Likes
  • 1 Post By OldGaffer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 09:23 PM

Garage
Had a guy in my advanced MSF class with a lowered fat boy. He couldn't even do the box. That guy at least got a good video of his wreck.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 07:42 AM

It sounded like he opened the throttle just before he low sided? Was he thinking he could "flat track it" on the asphalt?
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 09:39 AM

Garage
I just don't get why one would want a bike that won't go around corners. He didn't seem to be going fast at all. It should be called a Street Slide, not a Street Glide.
The video looked to me like the engine raced a bit when the wheel lost traction due to being levered up when solid parts touched down.

The urge to buy terrorizes
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsForrest View Post
I just don't get why one would want a bike that won't go around corners. He didn't seem to be going fast at all. It should be called a Street Slide, not a Street Glide.
The video looked to me like the engine raced a bit when the wheel lost traction due to being levered up when solid parts touched down.
That's prolly it.

I'm amazed that the guy just steps off the bike, not missing a beat, and strolls across the road like this is something he does everyday.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 10:55 AM

I think most of us probably lean our bikes that much in normal, everyday riding. Could be the camera angle, but he seems to be hardly leaned over when his bike touches. 10 points for his dismount. If he did not land on his feet I think he would have been wishing for proper gear.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 03:04 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsForrest View Post
That is not a stock bike. The Harley Touring models have OK lean angle. Never touched down riding moderately fast. A few over the speed limit.

Some people still can't touch the ground or think it is cool to lower a bike, just like the lowered car craze. There is a right way to do it and a cheap way to do it.

My Versys Travels:

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 10:13 AM

He got lucky

No matter where you go - there you are.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

I agree on the 10 points for the dismount. Notice he's already tucking his left leg under him
just before the wipeout. So he saw it coming and that's what made his dismount look easy.
The only thing that worries me is that he looks so laid back I wonder - was it even his bike?
"Oh! Sorry 'bout yer ride, Dude! My bad."

Andrew
twowheeladdict likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode