Anyone use a Windjammer or like minded product on helmet? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

3Likes
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By Arion
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Anyone use a Windjammer or like minded product on helmet?

Looking at the Windjammer 2 to put on my helmet to reduce some of the wind noise, anyone use one, or something similar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 11:51 AM

Garage
link?

Nothing works like ear plugs, except a cage.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 12:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
Looking at the Windjammer 2 to put on my helmet to reduce some of the wind noise, anyone use one, or something similar?

Does your helmet have a chin curtain on it??? I notice lots of noise when i took mine off once.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
link?

Nothing works like ear plugs, except a cage.
https://www.amazon.com/WINDJAMMER-RE.../dp/B003FHLNVK

Yea I hear ya about the ear plugs,however I want to be able to hear my phone and listen to music through my BT set.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Does your helmet have a chin curtain on it??? I notice lots of noise when i took mine off once.
Nope it does not, was thinking the windjammer may help that.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 01:51 PM

Most of the time I wear a polar fleece neck gater to close off the bottom & cut noise
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 02:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Nope it does not, was thinking the windjammer may help that.

Looks like it should help. I made my post before the link went up so had no clue what the Windjammer was... I had a Windjammer on my 82 GS 550L........http://kz900.com/kz/vetter/fairing/ss/SSl.jpg
ronheater70 likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Looks like it should help. I made my post before the link went up so had no clue what the Windjammer was... I had a Windjammer on my 82 GS 550L........http://kz900.com/kz/vetter/fairing/ss/SSl.jpg
Oh yes, that's what I think of when Windjammer is mentioned. Regarding the one on Amazon, it would play hell trying to open my modular helmet chin bars!
weljo2001 likes this.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I get lots more noise IF I 'crack' my visor. Right now, w/ my 'winter' windscreen on, I'm looking about 2" above the top of it.
I wear foam ear-plugs, and for music... I sing to myself (at least - I call it SINGING...!).

onewizard likes this.

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 06:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

Holy Bajeebus, I forgot all about those things... Wonder how one would look on front of the Versys!
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 06:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I get lots more noise IF I 'crack' my visor. Right now, w/ my 'winter' windscreen on, I'm looking about 2" above the top of it.
I wear foam ear-plugs, and for music... I sing to myself (at least - I call it SINGING...!).

Seems like the only Minimal complaints with the thing are issues of increased fogging. I think I may get one, but wait until the weather warms a bit like in spring.

In All honesty, I dont listen to my music often, its kind of a novelty I suppose since I just got the helmet which gives me the option.. BUT I would like to be able to answer a phone call if I get one. My son always manages to call me when i'm on a ride. And If I don't get his call, then he's hard to get a hold of.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 07:08 AM

Garage
Quote:

Yea I hear ya about the ear plugs,however I want to be able to hear my phone and listen to music through my BT set.
Wearing contour foam earplugs takes away the wind noise and any tinny sound out of the SENA speakers and allows me to enjoy music and hear the phone.

My Versys Travels:

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 07:22 AM

Garage
Quote:

I use ear plugs, and have no issues listening to music and BT headset with my friends.

I ride to get lost and find my way back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode