what happens when you ride on ice - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
what happens when you ride on ice

well had an interesting ride tonight, went down on the ice

came out ok, bruised my hip a bit but other then that no harm done

yes im a guy. and i have a husband
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 09:52 PM

Garage
Damn....Ice is no fun. I don't mind riding in the cold but i call it quits when it ices up....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Damn....Ice is no fun. I don't mind riding in the cold but i call it quits when it ices up....
ya , ice no fun, i had to go help my mother in law, and she is only about half a mile away so i didnt wanna take my truck

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 10:02 PM

I hit ice once with the 1500 Vulcan...........luckily I had the Voyager trike kit on at the time and just slid. No harm, no foul. Scared the crap out of me however.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 05:45 AM

1/2 mile of snow & ice...time for the Bean Boots.

Glad there was no one close behind, I've nearly been rear ended several times because "you weren't supposed to be out here in this weather" and they didn't think to look.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
I hit ice once with the 1500 Vulcan...........luckily I had the Voyager trike kit on at the time and just slid. No harm, no foul. Scared the crap out of me however.
ya glad ths is only a 225. (really easy to pick up and doesnt hurt as bad when it lands on you...

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DOG View Post
1/2 mile of snow & ice...time for the Bean Boots.

Glad there was no one close behind, I've nearly been rear ended several times because "you weren't supposed to be out here in this weather" and they didn't think to look.
i regret not wearing my boots, but she called me saying her breaker had popped and she had no heat so i was trying to hurry up and get over to her...
and last time someone tried to tell me i wasnt suppose to be there i replied if i cant be then why are you?

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 09:17 AM

I've been riding thru the winters for 25+ years, but not on ice (except a few "oh sh#t!" moments). Glad to hear you didn't get more banged up than you did. I rode a totally ice-covered trail last winter on my mountain bike -- got a mile or so into it before going down hard and dinging my shoulder, which ended my mountain-biking for a few months.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Just Doug View Post
I've been riding thru the winters for 25+ years, but not on ice (except a few "oh sh#t!" moments). Glad to hear you didn't get more banged up than you did. I rode a totally ice-covered trail last winter on my mountain bike -- got a mile or so into it before going down hard and dinging my shoulder, which ended my mountain-biking for a few months.
ya the shoulder of the highway . the highway itsself and my road were all not that bad, the roads in the rv park were just a solid sheet of ice , and thats were i went down

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

When I 'ice-raced' in eastern Ontario back in the mid-'80s, we used sheet-metal screws in the knobs of our tires. Until you got used to them, you couldn't believe how far over you could bank the bike - WAY more than a dirt-tracker!

Once I put them on I'd leave them all winter, riding the country roads, having a BALL...!

- -

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
When I 'ice-raced' in eastern Ontario back in the mid-'80s, we used sheet-metal screws in the knobs of our tires. Until you got used to them, you couldn't believe how far over you could bank the bike - WAY more than a dirt-tracker!

Once I put them on I'd leave them all winter, riding the country roads, having a BALL...!

- -
the thought crossed my mind for the versys when i get new tires... make the old ones into "studded" tires

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 08:36 PM

Ouch...glad you weren't seriously hurt. Hope the hip isn't too bad. When the ice arrives, I become a coward and retreat to my car.

Dave C
2008 Versys (Red)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode