Cold Hands ??? - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 08:41 AM

Thanks..........that answers the question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 08:28 PM

Garage
If you use mitts, its a good idea to have some kind of hand guard in place, even if it is only the "bar" that holds them in place.
Otherwise, the wind has a tendency to press on your clutch and your brake at speed. Not so much with the "flat" mitts, but its bad with any larger ones that have a boxier shape (like mine).

If'n I do it, I gunna git a wippin .... OK! I do it!!!

2015 Versys 650 ABS, 1984 Yamaha FJ600, 1983 KZ750, 1977 CB750a
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Chuck View Post
If you use mitts, its a good idea to have some kind of hand guard in place, even if it is only the "bar" that holds them in place.
Otherwise, the wind has a tendency to press on your clutch and your brake at speed. Not so much with the "flat" mitts, but its bad with any larger ones that have a boxier shape (like mine).
Yeah, I had a set on my Vulcan 1500 for one winter. That was a problem.
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Heated Grips came in this morning so i put them on before we get rained on the next few days. Went with the Koso Apollo Grips. Super simple install and they work great.

P1010701 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1010703 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1010702 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 07:20 PM

Glad you posted this. I just ordered. much nicer to have the control built into the grip. My Honda grips were that way, very nice to operate.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 12:26 AM

Nice set up. Looks a lot cleaner than the Oxford one's. Is it just me or is the right side a little short ?
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freubel View Post
Nice set up. Looks a lot cleaner than the Oxford one's. Is it just me or is the right side a little short ?
Could have tapped it up closer but the soapy water i used to slide them on had dried. Could have banged them harder but i was okay with it.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 07:42 PM

How are the vibrations with these grips? The stock grips transmitted the high frequency vibes for me and i had to replace those with some silicone grips that do a great a job.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 07:47 PM

Ive been thinking about getting these Oxford Hothands Essential Heated Overgrips | TwistedThrottle.com

Figure this way can take them off really easy in the spring and add them next winter.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatureCore View Post
How are the vibrations with these grips? The stock grips transmitted the high frequency vibes for me and i had to replace those with some silicone grips that do a great a job.
I have the V-1000 and have no issues with vibes. The grips are a little fatter than stock so they fit my hands much better...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode