Presidential Debates, your thoughts - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

186Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 384 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Presidential Debates, your thoughts

If you read responses from Trump supporters on the Internet you would think Trump cleaned Clinton's clock and the moderator was heavily biased toward Clinton. I watched it and though it was fair and that Clinton clearly won. She seemed to keep him off balance all night and acted more "presidential" in the process IMO. Then again as an outsider looking in, and as as someone with no horse in this race, my opinions don't count.

Hoping to hear what American forum members think. In particular do you think her performance will benefit her in the polls? Will Trump's performance hurt him?

Last edited by twowheels; 09-27-2016 at 11:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 384 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 02:54 PM

I thought the moderator was terrible. Wait until the next debate, Trump will probably not be as nice and will bring up her husband. I don't think the third debate will happen if he really goes off. Either way it's a which turd smells less offensive kind of election.
post #3 of 384 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

I feel Trump would have been better served to bring up Bengazi and several other faux pas in Clinton's past.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 384 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 03:47 PM

I think this country is in trouble.
post #5 of 384 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I feel Trump would have been better served to bring up Bengazi and several other faux pas in Clinton's past.
Touching on Benghazi could prove a big mistake for Trump in a debate setting where candidates are often corrected by the moderator if they "mistake" known facts. There currently are no facts to back many of the believed conspiracy theories circulating on the right now as to Clinton's guilt or involvement. It's a little like blaming Bush for 911. There have been 8 separate investigations, most very political and carried out by the GOP and in the end all were forced to clear her. Asking her about this would provide her with a forum to talk about this and talk about the misinformation put out there by the Trump campaign. It would be better to have his supporters keep on believing the misinformation or talk about it in a setting where he does not have to adhere so closely to the facts. That said there certainly are areas where he could attack fairly and possibly with great effect but Benghazi is not one. Take for example the clinton foundation's preferential (to clinton favored US builders and contractors operating in Haiti) disbursement of money to rebuild homes and institutional buildings in Haiti after the earthquake. Or Bill Clinton's enormous speaking fees and where the money came from. Just my 2 cents.

The level of muck raking and purposeful misinformation in this election is unprecedented. What's unprecedented too is the number of right wing propaganda sites on the Internet slinging misinformation, that masquerade as news sites like Breitbart, The Observer, and many others, and then there are the TV shows like Last Week Tonight, Comedy Central, Hannity Report, Rush Limbaugh, etc. that are so far to one side or the other they don't even make an attempt to seem fair or impartial.

What you need to know about Hillary Clinton's 'infamous response' to Benghazi question | PolitiFact
Mike Pence's inaccurate claim about Clinton's Benghazi role and response | PolitiFact
Fact-checking Benghazi: The rhetoric hasn't matched up with reality | PolitiFact
Beezerboy likes this.

Last edited by twowheels; 09-27-2016 at 05:37 PM.
post #6 of 384 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Is there anyone else you can vote for, from my part of the world and no offence meant it looks like dumb and dumber.
onewizard and twowheeladdict like this.
post #7 of 384 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 06:05 PM

Garage
What do you expect when you have liberal moderators, liberal media etc. controlling situations? You get bias Liberal results! Want the truth, look at the people, that is what this is really about and that is where the answers really lie. Look at the rallies, there is your majority vote. As for last nights debate, here is the answer from the people, it wasn't even close!

What is a Liberal to do when they have no argument or don't get their way? Cry racism, kill cops and destroy cities while disrespecting the American flag!

Nominating a bonafide criminal for president, NO SENSE!

Liberals, god help them for they know not what they do!!!
Kzen likes this.

post #8 of 384 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel13 View Post
What do you expect when you have liberal moderators, liberal media etc. controlling situations? You get bias Liberal results! Want the truth, look at the people, that is what this is really about and that is where the answers really lie. Look at the rallies, there is your majority vote. As for last nights debate, here is the answer from the people, it wasn't even close!

What is a Liberal to do when they have no argument or don't get their way? Cry racism, kill cops and destroy cities while disrespecting the American flag!

Nominating a bonafide criminal for president, NO SENSE!

Liberals, god help them for they know not what they do!!!

As a software developer I can tell you online voting type polls like the Time and CNBC polls are so easy to hack with just a few lines of code, that they are basically useless, from the point of producing valid data. This is because they can only check a voter by their IP address, browser type, OS and perhaps a cookie set on their browser. It's extremely easy even for a beginner hacker to spoof the browser, OS, clear or fake cookies and only a littler harder to spoof a false IP. A skilled programmer could script something to corrupt these polls in under an hour. This is why reputable polling company's don't use them. In many like the CNBC poll, all you have to do is clear the cookie from your browser.

Assuming no hacking intervention voluntary polls are normally wildly inaccurate anyway as you do not get a random cross section of the voting population, but rather only the people who normally visit those sites vote and can be bothered to vote - namely middle aged to retired males. I'd bet if Vogue or US Weekly held the poll you would get an entirely different result.

Last edited by twowheels; 09-27-2016 at 06:56 PM.
post #9 of 384 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 07:39 PM

Trump is still entertaining and interesting enough to listen to... I could just not stand Clinton's dragging speech, despicable smirk, and that offensively bright red suit, so I had to switch channels.
turn8a, weljo2001, Rebel13 and 1 others like this.
post #10 of 384 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turn8a View Post
I think this country is in trouble.
I agree with you 100%
Kzen likes this.

2008 Versys-sold
2016 Yamaha FJ-09

Truth
It is more important now than ever.
post #11 of 384 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

What about Jamie Foxx for president, he handled the job well in white house down
weljo2001 likes this.
post #12 of 384 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 10:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
As a software developer I can tell you online voting type polls like the Time and CNBC polls are so easy to hack with just a few lines of code, that they are basically useless, from the point of producing valid data. This is because they can only check a voter by their IP address, browser type, OS and perhaps a cookie set on their browser. It's extremely easy even for a beginner hacker to spoof the browser, OS, clear or fake cookies and only a littler harder to spoof a false IP. A skilled programmer could script something to corrupt these polls in under an hour. This is why reputable polling company's don't use them. In many like the CNBC poll, all you have to do is clear the cookie from your browser.

Assuming no hacking intervention voluntary polls are normally wildly inaccurate anyway as you do not get a random cross section of the voting population, but rather only the people who normally visit those sites vote and can be bothered to vote - namely middle aged to retired males. I'd bet if Vogue or US Weekly held the poll you would get an entirely different result.
Typical response when the results don't show what you hoped they will show. Are you starting this so you can expand it to hacking the voting booths?

My Versys Travels:

post #13 of 384 (permalink) Old 09-28-2016, 07:28 AM

Garage
There was a debate? I watched a great ballgame.
Life is too short to get my knickers in a knot with lying politicians stirring up trouble and worry. For the most part, the viewer's mind is already made up and the only thing left is raging anger over the constant lies.
ATYC likes this.
post #14 of 384 (permalink) Old 09-28-2016, 10:59 AM

Nobody 'won' the debate, in my view. Trump was a little bombastic, as usual, but didn't blow his lid as the Dems hoped. He had some good lines, but notably the "I'll trade my tax returns for your 30,000 deleted emails" has gone almost unnoticed post debate. Hillary needed to make Trump look like a lunatic, which she didn't. She came across (to me) as tethered to her talking points, no real counter-attacks. I thought both had some chances to score points but didn't. Trump could have mentioned the amount of national debt Hillary's granddaughter has been gifted by Obama along with a 'what has it got you, folks'. Hillary could have easily pushed Trump on a couple of points about 'that makes me smart' about not paying Fed tax.

My sense immediately after the event was that they both played it as safe as they could. Neither lost. Many will disagree.
post #15 of 384 (permalink) Old 09-28-2016, 11:11 AM

Garage
I didn't watch it. Figured i would learn everything i needed to know from the forum here....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #16 of 384 (permalink) Old 09-28-2016, 01:43 PM

It seems funny Canadians are for Hillary, I guess they don't want all those losers moving to Canada if Trump wins

lmao
turn8a and Rebel13 like this.

2016 Orange Versys 650 LT , 2015 CSC RX3, 2011 Ural Gear Up
post #17 of 384 (permalink) Old 09-28-2016, 05:04 PM

I know..I'll posts some polls that anyone can vote as many times as they want..polls that themselves say are unscientific..and act like I've got something...ah hahahahahahahahahaha
why is it soooooo easy to fool these clowns?
geeze just a few weeks ago ALL of the polls were unreliable..fake..phony...yeah that's when Trump was way behind...well he's still behind..what's changed? how come NOW they're all reliable?? some fools can't seem to keep a single idea in their heads for very long...
so the real polls are coming out now...oops..the Donald didn't win...
hey clowns..you don't complain about the debate when you win...no bad microphones when you win...no bad moderators when you win...no bad or harder (oohh those HARD questions..lol..really?) questions when you win...
your BOY got his ass handed to him by that sickly old hag...
she went out and had a rally..he slunk off...stamina?? ah hahahahahahahahahaha
Sniveling sniffling Donald Trump...what's he hiding with all of the sniffling? is he sick? was he on drugs (did you see his blood shot eyes??)...why all of the water..dehydrated from some sickness?
can't wait for the next debate...will the Donald show?? will he bring up Bill? ah hahahahahahaha...such a dweeb...a guy who was screwin' his next wife BEFORE he dumped the present wife..TWICE..it's call doing a Newt...you know Hillary is PRAYING he'll go there...

Last edited by chadams66; 09-28-2016 at 05:16 PM.
post #18 of 384 (permalink) Old 09-28-2016, 05:26 PM

Someone's off his meds again....
kiwi 41 and twowheeladdict like this.
post #19 of 384 (permalink) Old 09-28-2016, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

weljo2001, ATYC, Ziggy and 1 others like this.
post #20 of 384 (permalink) Old 09-28-2016, 11:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadams66 View Post
I know..I'll posts some polls that anyone can vote as many times as they want..polls that themselves say are unscientific..and act like I've got something...ah hahahahahahahahahaha
why is it soooooo easy to fool these clowns?
geeze just a few weeks ago ALL of the polls were unreliable..fake..phony...yeah that's when Trump was way behind...well he's still behind..what's changed? how come NOW they're all reliable?? some fools can't seem to keep a single idea in their heads for very long...
so the real polls are coming out now...oops..the Donald didn't win...
hey clowns..you don't complain about the debate when you win...no bad microphones when you win...no bad moderators when you win...no bad or harder (oohh those HARD questions..lol..really?) questions when you win...
your BOY got his ass handed to him by that sickly old hag...
she went out and had a rally..he slunk off...stamina?? ah hahahahahahahahahaha
Sniveling sniffling Donald Trump...what's he hiding with all of the sniffling? is he sick? was he on drugs (did you see his blood shot eyes??)...why all of the water..dehydrated from some sickness?
can't wait for the next debate...will the Donald show?? will he bring up Bill? ah hahahahahahaha...such a dweeb...a guy who was screwin' his next wife BEFORE he dumped the present wife..TWICE..it's call doing a Newt...you know Hillary is PRAYING he'll go there...
Just wow, you have no clue do you~

Polls aren't reliable for any canidate! When they are altered or only partialy used among a mass, they only tell partial truths. Fact is Liberals do control the mass of media. Don't believe that, name one time you heard something good about Trump from any news cast or major media? Think it is just Trump, no, anything against liberal agenda is treated this way! Another example, name one time off hand a persons name that a gun was used for any good, you will never get that!

Winning a debate is irrelevant. Getting ones views across and seeing the person for who they are and what they are from is what it is all about. What matters is real feedback from the people, how you move them. Look at the rallies, look at all the numbers, look at the consensus!

Trumps love life, really? What about Hillary? She can't control her husband and he is a known rapist, cheater and has even been impeached as a president for it! Yet, she is still married to him? Those two are partners in crime since day one, their marriage is not relevant to the names true meaning. She doesn't even represent as a women respectfully!

Trump sick, not at all. Trump has rallied every day since the debate and usually multiple times a day. Almost every one is aired for your viewing pleasure. Today alone he has done three in three different states. Oh and his crowds are in exccess of 20,000 most times except for the specific private groups/parties. At the same time he is also creating and releasing polices! He has been doing this since he started with no real breaks. What about Hillary, off sick and dying half the time! She is lucky to get a couple hundred people and most are bussed in as fillers! She is paying off groups and intrests to be nominated. She has no policy changes, it will be four more years of the same Obama, but worse. You didn't hear the liberal crowd cheer when Trump called her on this very thing? That cheer was complete BS. A person sitting home doing nothing in hiding is not presidential material, they are rather a useless individual!

Look at the debate much closer. Again, democrats have no love for the country, she wasn't wearing a flag pin or brooch representing the country that she is running for for top office seat. Just like the convention, no American flags, such a disgrace to this nation! She is clearly in it for herself only. Even her tag line says so, I'm with her, it's all about her, she don't care about the American people. What was on her back???

Hillary is a criminal and half dead. She always flip-flops and lies. Besides, modern Democrats are anti-american. How can any true American vote for this witch, let alone the party and its horrid beliefs anymore?

Hillary got the worst beat down of her whole career that night with this alone: I will release my tax returns -- against my lawyer's wishes -- when she releases her 33,000 e-mails that have been deleted. As soon as she releases them, I will release. Besides, the tax returns mean nothing, it was just something to pick at and shows she has nothing real on him.

Lester avoided Benghazi, e-mails, FBI, Clinton Foundation, her coming from poor to rich in politics etc. Lester is far from impartial! Lester is a Liberal. How come he laid into Trump about many subjects, yet never question Hillary's many highly wrongfull doings? Liberal bias again~ Open your eyes!

Trump has plenty of ammo left to lay on the witch if the moderators let him get a chance to use them! As you can see, Trump can overpower and bypass the moderators and debators like he has always done. That is an example of power and dominance. That is what we need for a leader of the most powerful country in the world. Not to mention the great and highly needed policies. We don't need another hypocritical mentality and easily manipulated weasel.

In short:
Hillary is a continued Obama, more laws, lesser of a constitution, less care for the American people and more domestic danger.
Trump is a 180 degree change of Obama, bringing back and reinforcing the constitution and securing America and making America first priority!

Idots judge the canidate visualy, like they are dating them or something, that is discrimination. Their beliefs, policies, decisions and actions are what matter, not their exterior packaging!

If you truely take the time and research both of them yourself unpersuaded, it becomes a no brainer.
Trump will be the 45th President!
Kzen likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
huge uge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode