Donald's Refugee/Travel / Rel**ous /Ban/ Issue/ Let's Solve it / GREAT Ideas Only - Page 41 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

201Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #801 of 830 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Please go spend some time in Iraq, Iran, and Afghanistan and then come and talk with me.
Very dissimilar places. One we ruined...shouldn't come as a surprise they're not thrilled with us. The other is a pretty modern place with a lot of liberal young people who love the idea of western society. Unfortunately, they're ruled by a bunch of old, conservative, religious fruitcakes. The last are people still living in the stone age.

Science...because we don't figure things out by praying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #802 of 830 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 05:26 PM

When it comes to falling prey to extremism of any kind, psychopathy combined with issues of mental stability, and often low emotional intelligence, are the deciding factors. Research has also uncovered the fact a large percentage of mass murderers suffer from brain damage to the frontal area of their brain which prevents them from appreciating the consequences of their actions and controlling their own emotions. People who have the ability to empathise don't want to cause needless suffering to other people regardless of their culture or religion. Psychopathy is the thing that links the unabomber to the Dylan Roof to Timothy Mcveigh to Omar Mateen and the others of their kind. Psychopathy, the inability to empathise with others or suffer guilt and the inability to control one's own emotions, should not to be confused with other more common forms of mental illness, is something that occurs independent of religion or culture.

As for Shyra law, it is nothing more than mid eastern rulers twisting muslim beliefs to utilize old superstitions that exist in those countries for their own purposes. Muslims I know want nothing to do with this and want the freedom we all have. Take Saudi Arabia as an example, the Saudi Royal family rule through religious proclamations, just as European Kings and the Pope did the same centuries ago. Intelligent people, Muslim or otherwise, can see through this.
onewizard likes this.

Last edited by twowheels; 02-16-2017 at 06:10 PM.
post #803 of 830 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 11:04 PM
Super Moderator

We Have a Winner!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
Did post it as a joke as in reality even part of that idea would not happen. So play nicely or I will remove the ball

Do some research on what has happened in Great Britain as some neighbourhoods have been overtaken by immigrants which is a bit unfair in my opinion.

Do wonder how the folks in America would say if their local neighbourhood turned into compulsory sharia law.
This is one of those threads where I needed to scroll to the top to see if I was in the same thread, and as long as we don't go beyond snowflake NP

What comes to mind what happened years ago, when my 3 children went to public school, Easter celebration was removed from all the school systems in our community due to other religious beliefs, this was something that had been going on previously for over 50 years, my opinion was that it was very unfair for our culture to bend towards those that emigrated to our country and there could have been other things put in place . As a retired individual and a mod on this forum, I now have a very different perspective on the same subject, and can see the awkwardness and not belonging that those Muslim kids might feel, so see that removing that from the school system was the right thing to do.

Thanks for flying with Wizard Air, now back to the main event Dinggggg
post #804 of 830 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 05:17 PM

Garage
Canada looks like it will be getting a little more crowded....Illegal immigrants would rather be arrested in Canada than stay in US | New York Post

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #805 of 830 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
....Do wonder how the folks in America would say if their local neighbourhood turned into compulsory sharia law.
Phil - check out Dearborn, Michigan. HUGE numbers of Muslims, and I've been told that Sharia Law is in effect there.
kiwi 41 likes this.

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #806 of 830 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 05:57 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
So does alcohol, cigarettes, fast food and so on. People do things to themselves. If you don't like it, don't do it or associate with those who do. Our country is supposedly the "land of the free," not the land of the nanny. Least that's what they sing at the ball games...
But we are not just individuals. We belong to families, have co-workers, etc. What a person does that negatively affects their lives affects those around them. Only a selfish individual would not see this.

My Versys Travels:

post #807 of 830 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
But we are not just individuals. We belong to families, have co-workers, etc. What a person does that negatively affects their lives affects those around them. Only a selfish individual would not see this.
I guess only a selfish person would ride a motorcycle and potentially wreck leaving them paralyzed and a burden to their family...or even dead!

post #808 of 830 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

Please Explain

Quote:
I guess only a selfish person would ride a motorcycle and potentially wreck leaving them paralyzed and a burden to their family...or even dead!
I have read this post and several quotes back and forth and am at a total loss as to where or why or what this means, what started as a joke, and my first post title says it all, really isn't something to joke about, continuing along this path, there will be no positive outcome , feeling will be hurt. Yes we are all adults, we speak adult language, lets give a little more thought before we type and post, also there is a edit function.
post #809 of 830 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator

Great idea for Travel Ban/ refugee / Rel**ous issue

I was thinking this thread kind of faded much like the we have a winner, since all activity is now in the title, maybe we should combine the threads and call it Donald's Refugee Issue/ let's Solve it for HimYes this is a joke just like the Great idea for the refugee issue thread.

So I had to correct my Title as I was misinformed , here I thought there was a refugee problem, turns out this is under full control , for this year Mr President could update the numbers to -300,000
Apparently Obama had a ceiling of +85,000, so doing the math, that leaves -215,000 that need to leave:wink2 plus there is mention of this Muslim Refugee, that never came up in the travel ban!!Yes I am just kidding herethat 300,000 was probably much lower than what would make America Great again!

:https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...47448319,d.amc
kiwi 41 likes this.

Last edited by onewizard; 02-19-2017 at 10:08 AM.
post #810 of 830 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Phil - check out Dearborn, Michigan. HUGE numbers of Muslims, and I've been told that Sharia Law is in effect there.
This whole idea of presenting Muslims immigrating to the west as Sharia Law supporters, is a little like presenting ALL motorcyclists as Hells Angels or Hells Angels supporters who want to rule us with violence and destroy traditional values and institutions. My point is that it is an ignorant statement and intentionally misleading and fear mongering. See my previous post on what Sharia Law actually is and how it is used in the mid east.
onewizard likes this.

Last edited by twowheels; 02-17-2017 at 08:23 PM.
post #811 of 830 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Unedited Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
This whole idea of assuming Muslims immigrating to the west want to bring Sharia Law, is a little like presenting all motorcyclists as Hells Angels who want to rule with violence and destroy traditional values and institutions. It is ignorant and misleading and fear mongering. See my previous post on what Sharia Law actually is and how it is used in the mid east.
Your other version worked but might have offended some, I hope this doesn't get out that we are a bunch ofbikers under the disguise of the Versys Forum
post #812 of 830 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
I have read this post and several quotes back and forth and am at a total loss as to where or why or what this means, what started as a joke, and my first post title says it all, really isn't something to joke about, continuing along this path, there will be no positive outcome , feeling will be hurt. Yes we are all adults, we speak adult language, lets give a little more thought before we type and post, also there is a edit function.
I made the point that conservatives don't believe Americans can handle real freedom, thus they support nanny sin laws against people engaging in risky behavior like drug use or prostitution.
TWA made the point that people who associate with those who engage in risky behaviors can be victimized by their self destructive actions. And that anyone who supports freedom must therefore be selfish.
I reminded him that us motorcyclists engage in risky behavior too.
Make anymore sense now?

post #813 of 830 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

After a Coffee Maybe

Not sure about you but some days I find myself getting sidetracked, told to check the washer fluid , go out in the garage get started on the bike come in, get asked, so how was the washer fluid, oops, nothing like standing in the garage knowing there is something you came out to do and have that uneasy feeling that you could be in trouble. So I will wait till Saturday when I get my 20oz fix of caffeine, and read it again. Like in OZ **No Worries Mate
post #814 of 830 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Heck, this thread has got a mind of its own lol
onewizard likes this.
post #815 of 830 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I'm not worried about Sharia law, but I do worry that ardent religious nuttiness is not terribly compatible with western ideology...though most of the people in our prisons are there because of "sin" laws...
Personally I would be concerned by sharia law and the abuse of women/children that goes with it. When I visit a Muslim country then it is expected I obey their laws even if I don't agree with it so think its vastly unfair for them to come to my country and enforce their laws on me. If you went into Saudi and shouted death to Islam you would either be locked up for a long time or dead, do same thing in a western country, shout death to Christianity you would just be excising your freedom of speech.

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/7...n-islamization
onewizard and weljo2001 like this.

Last edited by kiwi 41; 02-17-2017 at 10:40 PM.
post #816 of 830 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 10:36 PM

Garage
Yes a tolerant and peaceful people.....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #817 of 830 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Yes a tolerant and peaceful people.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBaTVwIJH-E
Your founding fathers would turn in their graves if they seen that.
post #818 of 830 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Yes a tolerant and peaceful people.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBaTVwIJH-E
Empty water bottles aren't exactly "stoning." IIRC, there's a big martial arts guy here on this forum who's gotten PO'd a few times when he's been insulted by middle fingers and such too.
In any event, those people had no business throwing anything at someone because their feelings were hurt by a sign. They should have been charged with misdemeanor assault...then deported, if applicable.

post #819 of 830 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Yes a tolerant and peaceful people.....
Funny, I live in a city with 10's of thousands of people of mid eastern decent, most of them of Muslim descent, as do Americans who live in cities like New York. Funny we don't have riots or an increase in crime because of it. 100's of Shawarma shops though. My point is people misrepresent things like this all the time on the Internet.

Sharia Law Muslim 'No-Go' Zones
post #820 of 830 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Personally I would be concerned by sharia law and the abuse of women/children that goes with it.
Here in the states we spend most of our money on security. It ain't ever gonna be a thing unless maybe we run out of money for guys with guns.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode