Donald's Refugee/Travel / Rel**ous /Ban/ Issue/ Let's Solve it / GREAT Ideas Only - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

201Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 830 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Then you're probably gay and will be asked to leave with them. Beats eating bugs out of a tree...
Shhh! My wife and kids don't know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 830 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 11:24 PM

Canada's Federal Health Minister Jane Philpottt revealed on April 20th that Marijuana will be legalized across the entire country of Canada by 2017/4/20, which may attract even more Americans... What is Donald's take on legalization?

post #23 of 830 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Canada's Federal Health Minister Jane Philpottt revealed on April 20th that Marijuana will be legalized across the entire country of Canada by 2017/4/20, which may attract even more Americans... What is Donald's take on legalization?

The times I visited, the way it was used openly, I would have thought it was legal. Reminded me of the US in the 70-80s.
post #24 of 830 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 09:43 AM

Since Donald is the business guy, I predict he'll go to Britain and threaten to end trade deals with them if the leave the EU. He'll tell them he will do business only with the Big Boys, which means the EU, so if Britain leaves the EU he'll freeze them out.

'Cause that's the way heartless money-grubbing Republicans operate.
post #25 of 830 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 10:22 AM

Talked to the Don yesterday, made a bet with him, if he wins we will both shave our heads, course,,,, ahem,,,,,,, I'm bout half way there anyway and I think he is too
post #26 of 830 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 11:20 AM

If he wins I will shave my head!
post #27 of 830 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltermitty View Post
If he wins I will shave my head!
Now that's how you can get back in his good graces. He's a fan of the Skinheads yannow...
post #28 of 830 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 02:50 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly-Sig View Post
Since Donald is the business guy, I predict he'll go to Britain and threaten to end trade deals with them if the leave the EU. He'll tell them he will do business only with the Big Boys, which means the EU, so if Britain leaves the EU he'll freeze them out.

'Cause that's the way heartless money-grubbing Republicans operate.
You don't think the Democrats are money-grubbing? You better pull your head out of your arse.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #29 of 830 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 04:27 PM

The Demokraps are very generous with their/my money.
1stversys likes this.
post #30 of 830 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
The Demokraps are very generous with their/my money.
You are a retired gov't employee. Why would you complain about politicians redistributing income from the private sector to you?
post #31 of 830 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 04:57 PM

True! Twenty years in the Army puts me right up their with a welfare queen . . . only I probably get less.
post #32 of 830 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
You don't think the Democrats are money-grubbing? You better pull your head out of your arse.
Actually, Obama did just what I posted. Last week he met with the British PM and made that threat if they don't do what we want. My post was tongue in cheek, using farce to point out that all the badness attributed to Republicans in general and Donald in particular is at least as present on the left as it is on the right.

Everyone is so afraid that Donald is going to offend the world. The current administration is doing a fine job of that already.
1stversys likes this.
post #33 of 830 (permalink) Old 04-24-2016, 07:26 AM

Quote:
True! Twenty years in the Army puts me right up their with a welfare queen . . . only I probably get less.
I kinda doubt it. The avg food stamp recipient gets $5/day. If you've been keeping track of the news, up to millions of people recently lost even that.
Military OTOH, starts people out at $45k in compensation/yr as of a few years ago. People misconstrue this as meaning their check and think it's wrong. What those who haven't been in don't realize is that food, clothes, schooling, healthcare, legal services, month long vacation, tax free shopping and on and on and on are included in that pay. IOW, if a private sector company wants to pay a competitive wage to an 18 year old know nothing, they'd have to come up with about $23/hr.
Now let's say you retire as an E-8 at 38 years of age. That's $60k a year in base pay. With benefits it's more like ~$85k. Now let's say you got the median of that for 20 years. That's $65k/yr * 20 years = 1.3 million over the course of your career before wage inflation.
Now let's take retirement. You get half your base pay at 20 years if things haven't changed, so that's ~$30k a year. You also get free healthcare, shopping privileges, legal privileges etc. Let's call it $50k a year. The avg life span of males is 78. That's a cool extra 40 years of collecting $50k a year in benefits (again before annual COL adjustments). That costs Uncle Sugar another 2 million smackers.
Totaled up, for 20 years of gov't work you will have made somewhere north of $3 million bucks.
Now let's take a gal who worked for 20 years at the private sector factory, before her job got outsourced or factory got outsource...you know, those little things that gov't workers don't have to think about. Now, after paying 25% of her income every year to support yours, she has become eligible for that great welfare queen food stamp assistance. At $5/day * 365 days, she costs the gov't just under a whopping $2k a year.
Still feelin oppressed?
post #34 of 830 (permalink) Old 04-24-2016, 07:31 AM

Have you ever been in the military, in the infantry?
post #35 of 830 (permalink) Old 04-24-2016, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Have you ever been in the military, in the infantry?
Yes and no. Have you ever worked in a factory 20 years?
post #36 of 830 (permalink) Old 04-24-2016, 09:02 AM

I made it 10 years as a conductor/brakeman for the railroad.
post #37 of 830 (permalink) Old 04-24-2016, 09:26 AM

Quote:
I made it 10 years as a conductor/brakeman for the railroad.
When I got out of the service, it took me a month or so to get on at the civilian hospital. While I was waiting, I went to the employment placement place and took a job in a factory for a night.
When I got there, they stuck me in front of line of moving hangers. A fork lift kindly dropped about a ton of metal rings in front of me. I spent the next 4 hours or so hanging the rings on the hangers as they went by, eventually dipping the metal donuts into some plating liquid.
When the first crew went to lunch, I got a chance to see how the people with seniority lived. I got moved over to hang their little metal I rods for a half hour. Much lighter and a nice change of pace.
Afterward, I scarfed down something out of their vending machine and went back to hanging my metal Os.
In the morning on my way out I got a check for $25. At that point, I decided I would quit eating before I ever worked in a factory again...
As it turned out, after graduating engineering school I spent a whole lot more years in factories. But it's quite a different experience doing it from behind a desk.
In any case, I've been fortunate and I don't begrudge those down on their luck of $5 a day to eat. Nor do I feel it's their fault wealthy business people have moved their jobs overseas giving them nothing but menial food service jobs to fight over.
The rich and powerful do love to see working people beating the hell out of one another though. Much better to deflect that anger than be held accountable to it.
post #38 of 830 (permalink) Old 04-24-2016, 10:39 AM

Have you ever picked cotton?
post #39 of 830 (permalink) Old 04-24-2016, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Have you ever picked cotton?
No, but I think Trump's got a position lined up for me.
post #40 of 830 (permalink) Old 04-24-2016, 12:05 PM

Every time I think it is really bad I think . . . but I ain't pickin' cotton.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode