Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Riding Versys in Chiang Mai, Thailand

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  genehil 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I'm a new here. I'm Thai and live in Chiang Mai, Thailand. If I could help you answer a question about riding in Thailand I would be glad to do it.

Yesterday I rode from Chiang Mai downtown to Doi Intanon. But I didn't use a regular route (Chiang Mai---Hang Dong--- San Pa Tong--- Chom Tong). Instead, I used the Canal road (Chonpratan road) from Chiang Mai university to Mae Wang district then uphill to Khun Wang Royal Project checkpoint.

It was a scenic route. There were lots of tree along the way. There are different kind of curves and road condition to ride. Slow curve uphill, downhill, paved road, loose gravel road, high speed curve, you name it.

If you are looking for a route near Chiang Mai, Thailand, I would recommend this one.

Enjoy
Keng, Versys 650, Chiang Mai.

#2 ·
:welcome:

#7 ·
:welcome:

Took my (then NEW) wife to Thailand on our honeymoon. After a few days in Bangkok we went to Phuket City, thinking it was near beaches, because, on a map, it showed the coastline nearby.

WRONG! Those were mangrove swamps, so we rented a small Honda step-through cycle, then rode all over Phuket till we found a place we liked on Kata Beach (?), where we stayed for three weeks.
We both love/ loved Thailand!

:smile2:

#8 ·
I was stationed with the USAF at Udon Thani and Nakhon Ratchasima some 40+ years ago from July 1969 through the end of December 1972. Best three and a half years of my life. I rode the entire time I was there... Had a few wrecks... mostly minor and a couple majors. Rode to Bangkok (Nana Hotel... Soi 3 Sukhumvit... I can't believe I remember that!) and many times and sometimes on down to Pattaya. I'll bet I put a hundred thousand miles on several bikes during my time in your beautiful country. I sure do miss the place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.