Re-ignited passion for my Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Re-ignited passion for my Versys

I've had my Versys 650 from new since 2009, bought it new mainly for commuting - to work and back in fair weather only. In those three years of ownership I put on only 6000kms on the clock. Then two months ago a friend introduced me to an advanced riding school and subsequent track days (btw he rides a Ninja ZX10R so it was scary - still is) at the local track (Killarney in Cape Town). Now I'm fully hooked and enjoying my Versys to the limit (grinding pegs around the bends, etc). Now I'm looking to make the most of this awsome handling bike to make the most of the road and track.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 07:22 PM

Sounds like fun, have a great summer!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 09:13 PM

back and congrats. while you enjoy your ride , dont push the limits.

safe ride and ride responsibly.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 08:28 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome but good luck trying to keep up with the zx10r haha
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravech View Post
Now I'm fully hooked and enjoying my Versys to the limit (grinding pegs around the bends, etc). Now I'm looking to make the most of this awsome handling bike to make the most of the road and track.
If I may offer one bit of advice, please remember there are some things we can do on the track, that we should not attempt out on the road. Sometimes it can be very tempting to dive into a corner a little bit faster, and a brake a bit later, because you know you can probably get by with it on the track. However, on the track, traffic is not coming at you, you don't need to worry about side streets, and the safety crew is usually on hand in the event things get a bit out of control. Not trying to preach here, just a gentle reminder.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice. Don't get me wrong, though. I'm no maniac on the street. In fact I find I ride more relaxed and cautiously on the road after having done some laps on the track. This is because the track provides a more structured and safe environment to ride the bike to its fuller potential, as there is no other traffic (apart from other bikes all going in the same direction) and less unknowns to worry about. Hence on the road there is no urge to push the bike any further than allowed by the prevailing traffic and road conditions - i.e. that can be done on the track. Hope that makes sense...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. Don't get me wrong, though. I'm no maniac on the street. In fact I find I ride more relaxed and cautiously on the road after having done some laps on the track. This is because the track provides a more structured and safe environment to ride the bike to its fuller potential, as there is no other traffic (apart from other bikes all going in the same direction) and less unknowns to worry about. Hence on the road there is no urge to push the bike any further than allowed by the prevailing traffic and road conditions - i.e. that can be done on the track. Hope that makes sense...
Makes perfect sense. Really glad to hear your responsible attitude. Sounds like you have everything dialed in an in perspective.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madone1 View Post
Makes perfect sense. Really glad to hear your responsible attitude. Sounds like you have everything dialed in an in perspective.

What are friends for... Make perfect sense...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode