Howdy from Southwestern Ontario - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Marys, ON
Posts: 102
Howdy from Southwestern Ontario

Yesterday I finalized a deal on a new 2011 Versys. Left over dealer stock that came with a significant discount, so I jumped on it. I pick it up this weekend.

I come to the Versys on the recommendation of Tony at Blue Streak Racing. After owning a V-Strom (soul-less wonder), and a Tiger 955i (beauty but way too big), the Versys seems to fit the bill.

Now to start hunting for farkles.
revrandy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Member
 
ATYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: London, ON, Canada
Posts: 1,133
Garage
Hi revrandy, and howdy neighbour. Welcome. I too bought a year old new bike at a great discount (2 years ago) so, yeah, I think you made a great move to the Versys. Enjoy.

08 Honda Ruckus
09 Kawasaki Ninja 250r
09 Kawasaki Versys
ATYC is offline  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 08:05 PM
Member
 
Capn Kirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia USA
Posts: 4,873
Capn Kirk is offline  
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 09:57 PM
MTS
Member
 
MTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NW USA
Posts: 3,567
Congrats!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
MTS is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 11:49 PM
ddc
Member
 
ddc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Erin, Ontario
Posts: 34
Greetings

. Fellow Canuck

ddc is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Marys, ON
Posts: 102
Thanks guys. Now to shop
revrandy is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 06:41 AM
Member
 
killerkeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cambridge Ontario
Posts: 93
Hi Rev,

Nice to see you've come back home.

You're going to love this bike. R1 rear shock should be the first purchase.

Happy modding!

Honda CBR125R Sold
Kawasaki Ninja 650R Sold
Yamaha Zuma 50 Sold
Kawasaki Ninja250R Sold
Kawasaki Versys Current Bike
killerkeith is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 09:21 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkeith View Post
You're going to love this bike. R1 rear shock should be the first purchase.
Happy modding!
You mean a seat upgrade hehe I recommend the Seat Concepts one.
Kawa007 is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Member
 
killerkeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cambridge Ontario
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawa007 View Post
You mean a seat upgrade hehe I recommend the Seat Concepts one.
I know the good Rev from another motorcycle forum. He's a canuck but lived in San Jose for a time and it looks like he's found a church to pastor back home. The fact that he now rides a Versys confirms my original assessment of his coolness.

Honda CBR125R Sold
Kawasaki Ninja 650R Sold
Yamaha Zuma 50 Sold
Kawasaki Ninja250R Sold
Kawasaki Versys Current Bike
killerkeith is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Marys, ON
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkeith View Post
I know the good Rev from another motorcycle forum. He's a canuck but lived in San Jose for a time and it looks like he's found a church to pastor back home. The fact that he now rides a Versys confirms my original assessment of his coolness.

Um, not San Jose - I was in LA for a while, then South Carolina and finally Orange County. Yes I did come back to Canada after 5+ years in the U.S. It was time to come home.

A versys makes me cool? Damn wish I knew that before I bought my Tiger 955i
revrandy is offline  
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 10:07 PM
Member
 
kiwi 41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 44.24'S 171.15'E Timaru, NewZealand
Posts: 7,966
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome Rev
kiwi 41 is offline  
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Member
 
Martines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SÃO PAULO BRASIL
Posts: 161
Send a message via Skype™ to Martines
Seja bem vindo! Boa compra.
Welcome! Good buy.
Martines is offline  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 10:48 PM
Member
 
killerkeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cambridge Ontario
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Um, not San Jose - I was in LA for a while, then South Carolina and finally Orange County. Yes I did come back to Canada after 5+ years in the U.S. It was time to come home.

A versys makes me cool? Damn wish I knew that before I bought my Tiger 955i
My mistake. I was pretty close.

Honda CBR125R Sold
Kawasaki Ninja 650R Sold
Yamaha Zuma 50 Sold
Kawasaki Ninja250R Sold
Kawasaki Versys Current Bike
killerkeith is offline  
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 11:22 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 14
Congratulations on your find
PWolf is offline  
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012, 08:51 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Saint-Sauveur, QC
Posts: 28
Hi Rev. Welcome. I too bought a brand new 2011 Versys 650 last month in Montreal. Got it at 5995$ + 436$ PDI. What was your deal there in southern ON?

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Yesterday I finalized a deal on a new 2011 Versys. Left over dealer stock that came with a significant discount, so I jumped on it. I pick it up this weekend.

I come to the Versys on the recommendation of Tony at Blue Streak Racing. After owning a V-Strom (soul-less wonder), and a Tiger 955i (beauty but way too big), the Versys seems to fit the bill.

Now to start hunting for farkles.
chatmaurice is offline  
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012, 08:55 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatmaurice View Post
Hi Rev. Welcome. I too bought a brand new 2011 Versys 650 last month in Montreal. Got it at 5995$ + 436$ PDI. What was your deal there in southern ON?
Thats a great price for a new one! I bought a used 2011 with 4000km on it for 5000$ last June.
Kawa007 is offline  
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Marys, ON
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatmaurice View Post
Hi Rev. Welcome. I too bought a brand new 2011 Versys 650 last month in Montreal. Got it at 5995$ + 436$ PDI. What was your deal there in southern ON?
I picked mine up at Newman Motosports in Pierrefonds, QC. The deal was very similar to yours and about $1,800 cheaper than what I could get in Southwestern Ontario.
revrandy is offline  
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012, 07:03 PM
Member
 
twowheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Yesterday I finalized a deal on a new 2011 Versys. Left over dealer stock that came with a significant discount, so I jumped on it. I pick it up this weekend.

I come to the Versys on the recommendation of Tony at Blue Streak Racing. After owning a V-Strom (soul-less wonder), and a Tiger 955i (beauty but way too big), the Versys seems to fit the bill.

Now to start hunting for farkles.
Welcome from the east coast.

If I could recommend a few farkles it would be:

- SW-Motech engine bars. I've dropped my bike on it's side a few times as most of use will do and also had a 50ft/65kph slide. The bars have more than paid for themselves serveral times over. They make the bike impervious to damage in a drop and the only damage I had in my accident was a bent handle bar and cracked/rashed upper fairing that can be repaired. Without them the bike would have been a total write off.

- the second thing I would recommend is purchasing some cheap spools for the swing arm off of Ebay and a rear spool stand. There is no kickstand so it is necessary for chain and rear wheel maintenance

http://www.aviciouscycle.ca/ is the Twisted Throttle distributor in Canada and probably the best source of accessories for the V.
twowheels is offline  
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 07:15 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Marys, ON
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
- SW-Motech engine bars. I've dropped my bike on it's side a few times as most of use will do and also had a 50ft/65kph slide. The bars have more than paid for themselves serveral times over. They make the bike impervious to damage in a drop and the only damage I had in my accident was a bent handle bar and cracked/rashed upper fairing that can be repaired. Without them the bike would have been a total write off.

- the second thing I would recommend is purchasing some cheap spools for the swing arm off of Ebay and a rear spool stand. There is no kickstand so it is necessary for chain and rear wheel maintenance
Thanks for the suggestions. I have already ordered engine bars, lowering link and hand guards through Blue Streak Racing. They are also a Twisted Throttle dealer and seem to have better prices than A Vicious Cycle. An added bonus is he is closer and a damn nice guy to deal with.

Now I am scouting luggage. He mentioned the rear spool stand and demonstrated its use to me yesterday, still contemplating that one.
revrandy is offline  
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Saint-Sauveur, QC
Posts: 28
Hey Rev, I bought mine at Newman Motorsport too!!!

F

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
I picked mine up at Newman Motosports in Pierrefonds, QC. The deal was very similar to yours and about $1,800 cheaper than what I could get in Southwestern Ontario.
chatmaurice is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome