New member in SoCal - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

New member in SoCal

Hi from San Marcos,

Names Bob and I've been riding since 1967.. Right now I'm on my 151st bike, and 01 Kawasaki ZR-7S that is in dire need of replacement soon.

I joined this forum yesterday because I am considering getting a Versys and to familiarize myself with the modle from the best source possible, the owners.... I'm considering a used 08 with 18,xxx miles, and the complete hardbag set including a top box.. The bike is at a dealership and one deal from someone else had fallen through on it, now its back on the sales floor.. They are now "asking" $5799 for it but are willing to "wave the reconditioning fee" since I pointed out that the tires need to be replaced SOON and why wasn't that something that was taken into account when they slapped on a $398 "Reconditioning Fee" to which he says he's willing to drop rather than replace the tires..

What do you Forum listers think is a fair offer I should throw their way, since there is nothing else that I could see to try to negotiate with?

Anyway, thanks for everything in advance... I hope to learn more about the Versys since I may end up buying a new one instead because of the lower interest rates... Hell, I may end up holding out to see if they are going to import the 1000 Versys, and get one of those...

Regards,
Robbyson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbyson View Post
Hi from San Marcos,

Names Bob and I've been riding since 1967.. Right now I'm on my 151st bike, and 01 Kawasaki ZR-7S that is in dire need of replacement soon.

I joined this forum yesterday because I am considering getting a Versys and to familiarize myself with the modle from the best source possible, the owners.... I'm considering a used 08 with 18,xxx miles, and the complete hardbag set including a top box.. The bike is at a dealership and one deal from someone else had fallen through on it, now its back on the sales floor.. They are now "asking" $5799 for it but are willing to "wave the reconditioning fee" since I pointed out that the tires need to be replaced SOON and why wasn't that something that was taken into account when they slapped on a $398 "Reconditioning Fee" to which he says he's willing to drop rather than replace the tires..

What do you Forum listers think is a fair offer I should throw their way, since there is nothing else that I could see to try to negotiate with?

Anyway, thanks for everything in advance... I hope to learn more about the Versys since I may end up buying a new one instead because of the lower interest rates... Hell, I may end up holding out to see if they are going to import the 1000 Versys, and get one of those...

Regards,
Robbyson
That's way high for an '08 with 18000 miles, retail for that bike shouldn't be more than 4500.00, check out the "for sale" section and get an idea of prices. There may be one for sale close to you.

Sold 2005 honda vtx 1300 bought an '09 versys
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 07:24 AM

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 09:01 AM
MTS

Keep looking!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode