Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Hi from Central Ontario

970 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  DaveC 
#1 ·
Pick up my 2017 SE in a few days. It's been 30 yrs since I've owned a bike. I'm so excited I feel like I'm 20 again. The information on these forums has been staggeringly useful. :thanx:
Here's to keeping the rubber side down.
Cheers,
BigKev

#2 ·
:welcome:

#3 ·
Welcome From Southern Ontario

:welcome:to the forum, where in central Ontario?

#4 ·
Welcome from Alaska. Man, I couldn't imagine not riding for 30 YEARS!! Welcome back.

#6 · (Edited)
Welcome from eastern Ontario.

You can download the service manual from this site in the tech. section. It provides step by step instructions for most maintenance tasks.

Hope you find this helpful.... Consider some SW-Motech or other brand of crash bars if you ever expect to have your bike tip over or have a minor low side, they'll pay for themselves in prevented damage to the fairings and other fragile parts. They have done so many times on my bike. The extra, minor, weight they add is below the center of gravity of the bike so is not noticeable when riding. Also heated grips (Oxford are relatively cheap and reliable and DIY installation is plug and play) are almost essential in Ontario climate for cooler spring and fall riding. You can pick up some 8mm spools for the rear swing arm on ebay cheap. You'll also need a (~cheap) rear pit stand to lift the bike for lifting the bike by the spools, for cleaning and basic maintenance tasks. It actually works better than a center stand for this than a center stand IMO and is cheaper.

#7 ·
Thanks for the welcome . . .

. . . and excellent advice. Little village on Georgian Bay called Waubaushene. Great riding on my doorstep. 30 years IS a very long time to miss something like riding. Heated grips (and far,far too may other 'farkles') were bought with the bike. Factory Recreation in Midland have been great. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.