New member from Sacramento CA - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By MidnightV

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

New member from Sacramento CA

Hello everyone, I decided to join this community after lurking for a few weeks. I recently purchased a leftover 2016 versys 650 ABS in gray/black in Las Vegas and I loving it!
I grew up riding small motorcycles and scooters, then after a long break(I got into cars for a bit) I decided to get back on 2 wheels. I first got me a honda crf230m, followed by a 2005 ninja 250(fun bike), decided to upgrade to a Suzuki gs500, then as a commuter, I got fed up with carburetors in the morning and got a 2014 Honda cb500f and now after searching for an upright riding position, a versys 650. This is by far the most comfortable bike I've been on. It just fits me even though I'm 29-30 in inseam.
I am mechanically inclined, do own maintenance on all the bikes mentioned above and look forward to share ideas with this forum.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

And of course a few pictures​ as a rode it home

Pazzo likes this.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 10:26 PM

Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 11:14 PM

Welcome to the forum! Got my 2016 650 LT last September from Roseville Kawasaki..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4121.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	121066  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 12:47 AM

aboard and enjoy your ride- ATGATT.

If you are Mechanically inclined , you will love this site as it has some of the best guys in mods and engine setting around.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 01:25 AM Thread Starter

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm hoping to start soon making my own rear carrier. I'll post results soon.

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 01:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo_Bob View Post
Welcome to the forum! Got my 2016 650 LT last September from Roseville Kawasaki..
That's a nice looking V. I got mine in Las Vegas and rode up thru death valley. It was a long ride as I tried to keep as close to 4k RPM as possible.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome From Canada

to the forum
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 10:05 AM

Welcome from San Antonio, TX. Went to high school down the road from you in Vacaville many years ago while my father was at Travis AFB flying prop driven transport aircraft. That's how long ago it was!

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

aboard!

Arion - there are STILL "prop driven transport aircraft" that are state-of-the-art!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
Welcome from San Antonio, TX. Went to high school down the road from you in Vacaville many years ago while my father was at Travis AFB flying prop driven transport aircraft. That's how long ago it was!

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 04:12 PM

Garage
welcome from Indiana...Nice pics
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
aboard!

Arion - there are STILL "prop driven transport aircraft" that are state-of-the-art!
I don't disagree at all; I was referring to good old fashion piston driven "air screws." He flew B-24s, B-25s, C-119s, C-54s, C-118s, C-124s, and finally C-130s (from A to E models) during his career.

While flying C-124s he told me once that it took him several years to figure out precisely when the aircraft actually became airborne. It was, he said, when the thing stopped shaking violently in the vertical plane and began shaking violently in the horizontal plane.

On another occasion, he was returning from a mission into the Pacific and radioed Travis AFB to report an engine missing. He was told, apparently in a rather "you idiot" fashion, that he should simply shut down the engine and feather the prop. He replied, probably somewhat smugly, that he could not comply because the engine was no longer on the wing. It was, in fact, actually missing - as in it ripped itself from its mountings and plunged into the ocean. Ah, the good old days!

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

Last edited by Arion; 05-11-2017 at 04:26 PM.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 05:39 PM

Welcome! I've spent a lot of time in Sac/Beale Area.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 09:04 PM

I rode a C-118 from NAS Oceana, VA. to GITMO one time (late 60's early 70's) and every time we landed for fuel one engine would catch fire and the emergency hatches over the wings would fall in. Took almost nine hours.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

Back in PFS (Primary Flying School) my DH-Chipmunk instructor told me of a flight w/ a student during which the engine went rough, then STOPPED, and the student said "Sir, we've lost the engine!", to which the instructor said "Of course, I heard it stop!", to which the student said "NO Sir - it's GONE!"

The engine mounts had broken and the engine was being held by one or more cables running to it, so it was BELOW the line-of-sight. They were VERY lucky, because had it TOTALLY separated, the C of G would have been so far aft that the airplane would have fluttered to earth tail first.

REALLY glad it never happened to me....

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 12:22 AM

looks like the one i picked up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode