Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

I'm New and grounded to this section

3K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  Buffalo_Bob 
#1 ·
I was trying to reply to someone in the General forums about insurance on this bike. I have something very important to say.. but I guess one bad apple spoils it for the rest of us and we have to prove ourselves here that we are not a bad apple. Anyway, I need to post a few times in this area, by next post will be more about me, and less about this initiation process of this forum. ;)

-Drew

#3 ·
I had to buy a new monitor. Got carried away trying to get out of here. One day I might luck and and get to speak about the insurance information I found out about the Versys 1000.

In the meantime: I'm 42 years old living in Virgina, but from Northern Cali. I've owned all sorts of bikes from my first an 80 trials bike, Night Hawk, SV-650, ZX-10R, FZ1 to name a few. I've been riding since I was 18, but my Dad always took me on rides every weekend since I was 6 years old. I would go for the entire weekend with him camping on his '76 R90-6 out with all his buddies in the Colorado Rockies.... that's how I fell in love with motorcycling.

I'm a new owner of a '16 Versys 1000 (as of today). Looking forward to lots of new memories with this bike.

Now can I get out of here?!! Please! ;)

-Drew

#7 ·
:welcome:

#10 ·
Welcome From Canada

:welcome:to the forum, and see you around 2:15 PM April 28, 2017>:)

As to letting you out, we have had spammers that have in very short order added 75 posts in every forum, that required development of some new tools for us mods, so this new format of 2 posts and 48 hours is a big success , absolutely nothing stopping you from posting what you have to say in this thread. Post the subject title and information, I can copy the post to whatever forum you want, after 48 hours all the posts can also be moved. This is your thread, say whatever you want.

Reactions: DaveC and weljo2001
#15 ·
My Insurance Experience

:welcome:to the forum, and see you around 2:15 PM April 28, 2017>:)

As to letting you out, we have had spammers that have in very short order added 75 posts in every forum, that required development of some new tools for us mods, so this new format of 2 posts and 48 hours is a big success , absolutely nothing stopping you from posting what you have to say in this thread. Post the subject title and information, I can copy the post to whatever forum you want, after 48 hours all the posts can also be moved. This is your thread, say whatever you want.

Yeah, I completely understand. This is a very high visible forum with a lot of traffic, you are going to get that. I use to run my own forum years ago, and it didn't see the traffic this site did and I still had to deal with spammers as well, so I feel your pain my friend. Do what you need to do to protect the site so it's enjoyable for everyone. Here is the thread I wanted to post in:
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...-discussions/125818-high-insurance-rates.html

Here is want I wanted to post:

So here is my Deal, and it's an apples to apples comparison: I just sold my FZ1 to buy a brand new Versys 1000. YAY me!! It delivers today, and I'm so happy :) My insurance with my old bike is currently with Progressive, with the USAA discount since USAA doesn't directly underwrite motorcycles and watercraft.

Progressive quoted me $89.50 a month for minimum Virginia state requirements for full coverage, which is $25K bodily/ $50K per accident and that was with a $1000.00 deductible. I have a clean record, good credit, garage kept, everything that would indicate a good rate. I thought that was super high, so I called Geiko.

Geiko got my 2014 Ford Focus ST, the Versys 1000 both at full coverage, and both at $100K bodily/ $300k Per accident and a $500.00 deductible for $111 per month. WHAAT?!? Yea, no kidding!!! and for reference USAA charges me $120 just for my Focus ST. I've been with USAA for 19 years, so it was hard but not too hard to switch to Geiko. This just happened less than an hour ago.

So my assumption is that Progressive has no freaking clue what our Versys bikes really are, as a lot of riders don't either from what I get lurking these forums. Progressive must categorizes them as a 1-liter sport bike. Where as Geiko considers them a touring bike...as they should... it's even how Kawasaki lists it on their website and sales literature. I don't care what people say, the Versys IS NOT a sport touring bike, let alone a sport bike.

Anyway... I recommend before you start paying through your teeth for insurance on this bike, shop around. Also consider that the Versys 650 and the Versys 1000 will have completely different insurance rates and most of you probably already know, so we can't use those bikes as apples to apples comparison.

#14 ·
Thank you for all the wonderful welcomes!! I took delivery of my V-1K yesterday and I instantly fell in love. So comfortable compared to my FZ1. Although I did feel a little pressure on my tailbone, I hope that goes away after I break in the saddle or get a Sergeant like I had on my FZ1. But yea, I scrubbed in the tires, got rid of the chicken strips the dealer had, and can't wait to put some miles on it!!

#17 ·
Reply under High Insurance rates thread please/ Banned Spammer

So I copied your post to the active thread, any replies please make them in the High Insurance thread, as when I copy posts the likes get left behind in the original thread.

FYI today I had a spammer right off on the first post, banned

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.