My new Versys 300X ABS - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

3Likes
  • 1 Post By Olcec
  • 1 Post By james75
  • 1 Post By chrisfla1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

Cool My new Versys 300X ABS

My name is Cecil and I'm the proud owner of motorcycle number 6, a green Versys 300X with ABS.
I have around 200 miles on it so far and I am VERY pleased with the bike. These days lighter is better! I'm getting used to hearing the Ninja motor rev but I'm pleasantly surprised at the minimum vibration, both in the seat and mirrors.
First thing on the bike was a Whelen super bright LED brake light and number two was a pair of amber led running lights. I just added a Garmin GPS mount yesterday. Next is going to be a one-up front sprocket - waiting on the bench.
A friend and I bought ours together and are working/playing with them together. BTW, if you're in Florida and would like a wonderful dealer to shop with, I highly recommend Champions Honda-Kawasaki in Cocoa, Florida. Great folks!
asaulo1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 08:47 AM

Garage
Congrats. When I read you were putting a larger sprocket on the front of a 300cc bike, I was a little concerned. Then I saw you were in FL where hills are few and far apart. What is the wet weight of the bike?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 11:11 AM

I looked at a Versys 300 at the Kawasaki dealer just the other day. Nice looking bike. Congrats

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 11:12 AM

Garage
The 300 sounds like a fun bike. My local dealer has one and I really like it, but I just bought my 650 last year. Enjoy it, and welcome to the forums.
aboyandhisversys likes this.

I don't care what you ride, just ride.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 11:57 AM

I am looking forward to some long-term reviews on the 300x as I plan to add one to the garage next year if it turns out to be what it proves to be. Good luck and welcome aboard.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
...What is the wet weight of the bike?
I believe I read 365#, somewhere....

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome From Canada

to the forum
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 03:58 PM

Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 08:16 PM

Would love to see some pics!!!

------------------------
Dan from Costa Rica
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Congrats. When I read you were putting a larger sprocket on the front of a 300cc bike, I was a little concerned. Then I saw you were in FL where hills are few and far apart. What is the wet weight of the bike?
going 1 up on the front does not change the rpm's that much ... maybe 200 rpm .... what is does do is correct the speedo ... I have done the same on all of my bikes over the years ... except my cruiser ... to do that , I went with a slightly wider tire and the change in the aspect (ie. 70% of a 200 rear vs 70% of a 170 rear) took care of the speedo issue for me .... rather than a new front pulley.

While Florida has no hills, those love bugs squished all over the bike may slow him down.

I saw one of these 300's at my dealer last week ... nice bike .... welcome Olcec

And as I flipped into 6th, I could not remember a damn thing she said ....

Last edited by whiting57; 04-18-2017 at 12:33 AM.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 12:48 AM

Garage
congrats cecil ! must be a great bike for sprinting Are the accessories more or less a retrofit amongst the family ?
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 03:00 AM

Switching from 14/16 to 15/46 sprockets will make your gearing 7.14285714285714 % taller than stock (drop from 7,000 rpm to 6,500 rpm at same actual speed) So your speedometer would then be near accurate, but your odometer/trip meters will be about 7% under actual... Your CEL will be on and your gear position indicator won't work for about 100 miles until it calibrates itself again on its own.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 11:52 AM

Thanks for the tip, Cecil! It would be nice to find an honest dealer here in FL.

Perhaps we shall run into each other on the road. Look for the old fat woman on the green 650 Versys!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	The Green Hornet 8.6.16.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	119394  
onewizard likes this.

2007 H-D Electra Glide (laid it down Oct. 2nd 2016 with almost 95K miles; may she rest in pieces)
Iron Butt Association
LAMA DAMA since 2014
Injuries: 20 broken bones & 14 metal pieces
Old woman riding since 1982

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A (wo)man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
Mark Twain
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 12:22 AM

Congrats! I got mine a few weeks ago as well and I can say that I am more than happy with the bike. Have not been able to get it on the dirt as of yet but that should come soon as soon as crash bars are installed. Ride safe. Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode