Hello from Texas - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

aboard!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 04-21-2017 at 12:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 02:35 PM

Post Returning Rider - New Member in Southern Illinois

Hi All... High Middle-Aged former rider looking to return after a 20+ year hiatus to raise a family. Have researched bike extensively and am soon looking to purchase a new Versys 1K. Am looking forward to reading information from actual bike owners.
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 02:39 PM

Garage
Thanks guys!
@buildbigboats Thanks for the advice! Looking to camp in Southern Missouri and possibly Arkansas this weekend if the weather allows. I could definitely see myself going through Galenaa on a trip to Minnesota though!

Matt

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 02:47 PM

Hi Matt... Not too far away in Carbondale. Looking to purchase mine shortly. Working with dealer to finalize a Green 2016 V1K right now.

USN420 = US Navy 4-20 Years
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 03:04 PM

Garage
Welcome, I camp in the Hoosier National Forest. Nothing to brag about, but peaceful. No UFOs or Aliens.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 03:07 PM

Garage
Welcome. I'm right next door in Southern Indiana.
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 03:08 PM

Welcome. I travel to Texas all the time for work and am currently in negotiation for a 2016 LT1000. I'm a BIG guy! I was looking at the FJ-09 myself, but have decided on the Versys. Why are you leaving the Yamaha if I may ask?

USN420 = US Navy 4-20 Years
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 04:42 PM

You will not be disappointed with the V. I have the 650LT but if I was a bigger guy I would own the 1000LT. These are awesome bikes.
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 04:47 PM

Garage
Welcome. I'm in Highland and get over to Alton once in while. Be careful on the river road. As I'm sure you know, there are a lot of people that pay more attention to what's on the river than what's on the road. Also a lot of drunks travelling from the Loading Dock and Fast Eddies. Both fine places to eat by the way. I can't really offer any scenic rides as much of my riding is to/from work and errands.

I don't care what you ride, just ride.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 05:11 PM

Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by USN420 View Post
Welcome. I travel to Texas all the time for work and am currently in negotiation for a 2016 LT1000. I'm a BIG guy! I was looking at the FJ-09 myself, but have decided on the Versys. Why are you leaving the Yamaha if I may ask?

I'm not a big guy and I have a boney ass. I like the Yamaha power and lighter weight (coming from a 2013 Ducati MS), but I've been disappointed in the suspension and the some issues have cropped up.
Mostly though I find the Versys more comfortable relaxed ride. I test rode it today and the suspension is much more sorted for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode