Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Hello from Southern Ind.

766 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  fasteddiecopeman 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Last night I posted for the first time a fairly extensive introduction******* I have recently purchased a 2017 650 LT and love it so far.

Hello to all. Have wanted to comment several times on different subjects but discovered I had not fulfilled my introduction commitment which I now realize is probably a good thing. Have rode since I was 15 and am now 66. Have owned several types of motorcycles over the years and have enjoyed them all. I recently sold my DR650 I had bought to replace a totaled KLR 650 (deer) I used to commute to work. I retired a year ago and decided I should reduce the stable. Short story is I put the money in my special bike account with good intentions of letting it ride for a while. Unfortunately or fortunately only a week later I saw a picture of the Gen 3 Versys 650 LT. I had always had an interest in the Versys but something about the style of the older model didn't quite ring my bell. But when I saw the new styling I fell in love. Next thing I knew visions of Eastern Kentucky back roads and a lightweight sport tourer with good useable horsepower were running through my head and would not leave me alone! Hours of You Tube videos and Versys forums only confirmed what I already suspected. I had to have one! After searching the tri-state area I finally located a black 2017 LT. I was told it would be in any day. When it arrived the bad news was it wasn't an LT but decided to go have a look anyway. When I arrived at the dealership I was impressed with the bike and really bummed out it wasn't the LT I had my heart set on. While admiring the bike I noticed a tag hanging on a rear turn signal. When I checked it out I couldn't believe what it said. " This motorcycle is an LT model. The bags will be shipped separately to your location at a later date." May not be exact quote but close. I couldn't believe my luck and rushed to talk to the salesman. This was the first new Versys they had ordered and the number did not match an LT so he called his distributor who confirmed it was an LT. After negotiating a deal I left the bike till the bags came in and a set of LED running lights was installed. As of today I have about 500 miles on the bike and after a few mods can truthfully say it's quickly becoming one of my favorite motorcycles!

See less See more
#4 ·
:welcome:

#5 · (Edited)
Welcome From Canada

:welcome:to the forum, sometimes you time out and are logged out, when comprising a long message, just before posting open a second browser, hit up date, it should show you are logged in, if not, log in, you can then go back to your original post and submit. Whenever I am modifying or moving things, I have up to 5 Kawasaki Versys pages open. That way there is no back needed.Found it under moderated post, after 5 posts it will show up, you can edit or leave as is when that happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.