Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Hello from a newbie rider in rainy PDX :)

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  AngryGazebo 
#1 ·
Just picked up a lime green 2008 Versys as my first bike. Someone took very good care of it - it's got 22K miles and has never been dropped.

Shout out to all the other Portlanders riding around in the rain!

#3 ·
:welcome:

#4 ·
Welcome aboard from warm and sunny San Antonio, TX. I went to undergrad school at Pacific University, in Forest Grove, not too far from the Rose City. As I recall, it rained for four years. Then again, maybe it just seemed like it did.

#6 ·
Thanks to everyone saying hi!

Been out riding every day. Took the Team Oregon class recently, and they said to practice all the time. Part of my detour now between NE Portland and Halsey eastbound is to detour through Rocky Butte (follow Fremont east) then down the other side. Interesting low-speed twisties, a tunnel, a hairpin turn.

Attachments

#7 ·
marine drive is a good ride(for going gresham to pdx) , so is historic Columbia river highway (great ride from gresham to multnoma falls then on to horsetail falls)

#10 ·
Someone told me that going far east on Halsey will take you to the western end of the historic highway. Unfortunately the part between Angels Rest and Multnomah Falls is blocked off presently due to landslides - I was just out there Monday and saw it.

I'm not feeling like doing fast highway stuff just yet, but I might get on 84 for an exit or two (west of 205, where it's slower) just to get a feel for it.

Taking the roads up Larch Mountain ought to be fairly pretty too.

My goal is to be able to take a bike camping trip down the coast sometime later this year. Everyone says the Oregon coast is quite pretty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.