Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

2017 Versys 650 LT

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  GregB 
#1 ·
[While I have previously posted an introduction, this one is my official intro with the new bike.]

Well it's been an interesting couple of weeks but this evening I picked up my 2017 Versys 650 LT in titanium. 0 miles on the odometer as I pulled away from the dealership. Admittedly a bit apprehensive that I was going to be the one to actually check to see if the brakes worked, clutch worked, it shifted, etc. First time for me buying a bike with no miles on it.

One thing for anyone also buying a 2017 in titanium, the side cases should have titanium colored tops and trim pieces. On my bike they are black but there was a mass notification to all dealerships that this configuration is not correct. How do I know? I'm the one that triggered it. Doh!

I traded in my 2015 Harley Davidson Forty-Eight and wow, what a difference. I knew it would be "different" because the two bikes are not even remotely close to each other but the transmission is SO buttery smooth on the Kawi.

Quick summary of bikes over the past 10 years: Big Bear Choppers Venom ProStreet, Yamaha FJR1300AE, Buell Ulysses XT, HD Street Glide, Kawasaki KLX250SF, Triumph Bonneville SE, Buell Lightning (XB12Scg), HD Forty-Eight,

... and now this gem:

See less See more
#4 ·
Love the titanium color, it is so different. I have a 15 LT in Green and bought it as a layover because I loved the color.

You will probably find yourself wanting a taller windscreen. If so I highly recommend the Puig light smoke. I bought mine from Revzilla and it would look amazing with your color.

Ride safe!

#8 ·
Thanks for the recommendation.

Are they going to get you the proper color cases? Get in some riding before the heat and humidity starts melting the tires. :)
Yes, 7-10 days for the correct covers and trim pieces. And Ha! -- melting the trees. LOL

Congrats! I live in Silver Springs, so if you ever want to meet for a ride, let me know. There's some beautiful riding up here in the Forest.

By the way, that two-gallon tank on the 48 is for the birds! I would have gotten a Sportster 72 a long time ago if they had only put the 3.3 gallon tank on it. What the Harley folks are thinking when they make these dumb decisions, I'll never know.

You'll love the HUGE tank on the Versys. I inevitably stop for gas and find out I only need 3.5 gallons. I swear, someday I'm gonna run this thing out of gas just to see how far I can go -- but I bet I'll need to stop at a rest room before that ever happens.

Anyway, love your new bike! Maybe I'll see you on the road.
Indeed, it was a nice treat to ride 120 miles today and (1) not feel like I was beat up and (2) still have plenty of fuel left in tank.

:grin2:

Reactions: chrisfla1
#5 ·
Are they going to get you the proper color cases?

Nice neighborhood. Get in some riding before the heat and humidity starts melting the tires. :) I used to live in Daytona Beach and then Winter Park, and Oviedo. Smartened up about 23 years ago and moved to the Tennessee Valley.

#6 ·
Congrats! I live in Silver Springs, so if you ever want to meet for a ride, let me know. There's some beautiful riding up here in the Forest.

By the way, that two-gallon tank on the 48 is for the birds! I would have gotten a Sportster 72 a long time ago if they had only put the 3.3 gallon tank on it. What the Harley folks are thinking when they make these dumb decisions, I'll never know.

You'll love the HUGE tank on the Versys. I inevitably stop for gas and find out I only need 3.5 gallons. I swear, someday I'm gonna run this thing out of gas just to see how far I can go -- but I bet I'll need to stop at a rest room before that ever happens.

Anyway, love your new bike! Maybe I'll see you on the road.

Reactions: 407guy
#9 ·
Congrats 407Guy. Love that color...and I'm in the 407 area myself...near Sea World. Always looking for some other Versys to ride with....so far I only see a lot of Yamaha MT-07's.

chrisfla1, I have ran my bike twice till it said 30miles left till empty and still haven't had to put more than 4.1 gallons in it! Love the range!

Greg
Orlando, FL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.