Excited - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Excited

Hi, hope to make my new bike mine when delivered next week, a 2010 650. Its cold here in Southern Ontario, but like to get out if above zero. I have a Kawasaki Vulcan 500 as well. Female, 55 plus, is as definitive as my age gets. Love life, riding with my man he is looking for a new bike as well, Hope to be on my Versys by next weekend suppose to get warmer, well not as cold is a better decription. Hope to get alot of information from past, present and future posts. Cheers, walking on sunshine Will post a pic once received.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 04:16 PM

Garage
Its 77 degrees here in Sunny SoCal...Enjoy your winter....

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 07:07 PM

Garage
Welcome Chase from Victoria, BC where it is just above 0C

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people donít have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard

from Central Ontario, minus 15'C and expecting another 15 cm of snow
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

aboard!

...from Florence, AZ where the forecast is for 79F (NOT a record high...!).

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 01-14-2017 at 12:58 PM.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 01:39 PM

Garage
Welcome from a fellow Gen 2 Versys owner and a neighbor to the north.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycleÖjust inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
Hi, hope to make my new bike mine when delivered next week, a 2010 650. Its cold here in Southern Ontario, but like to get out if above zero. I have a Kawasaki Vulcan 500 as well. Female, 55 plus, is as definitive as my age gets. Love life, riding with my man he is looking for a new bike as well, Hope to be on my Versys by next weekend suppose to get warmer, well not as cold is a better decription. Hope to get alot of information from past, present and future posts. Cheers, walking on sunshine Will post a pic once received.
Received my bike today, yeah, husband took the front door off so I could bring her in the entrance being January in Southern Ontario, what a guy. Happy happy, when I figure out how to post pics I will, tried my garage but couldnt get it.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 05:01 PM

Gratzy, I am about 20 min away in St. Catharines. It did hit +13 today good day to get out

Crash

2009 650 Versys
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

2 posts 48 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
Received my bike today, yeah, husband took the front door off so I could bring her in the entrance being January in Southern Ontario, what a guy. Happy happy, when I figure out how to post pics I will, tried my garage but couldnt get it.
Didn't spend a lot of time reading your first post. You are just a tad South East of me. Lots of info on this site, just recently added a how to forum, so it is in the work in progress stage.Still plenty of information. You have the advantage of being south of the snow belt. I have my 2015 partially ripped apart, and waiting for some parts from China, only been 6 weeks since I ordered. Anyway lots of people here that can help.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 09:58 AM

Welcome from Ottawa!

Dave C
2008 Versys (Red)
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Ordered some parts as well, my brother lives in the states and is bringing them up in a couple weeks, some from China as you say takes longer but its January, so no matter, next week looks like riding weather have to put her back in order to try her. Like to learn whats what but my husband is my slave mechanic. Trying to fashion a center stand, cant afford $300 plus dollars, he will do it, always comes through, can make almost anything in our shop. Cheers, chain cleaning time
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 04:18 PM

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.

Note: I have no time to waste because Iím older at this moment than Iíve ever been before,
Ö and itís the youngest Iím ever going to get.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 08:10 PM

Welcome from Ottawa, I have the same year. Guessing your's is probably black too

Suggesting engine bars if you don't already have them installed as they make tip overs (more common on a taller bike) all that more painless. There is also a great lowering kit available if you do not have a 32 inch + inseam.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 01:41 PM

Welcome from a bit farther south........still lots of snow and cold however. My V hasn't been out of the shop since November. We did have a warm fall season.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 08:28 PM

Welcome
From the sunny central California coast.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode