Old Kawa guy...newbie here... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By olie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Old Kawa guy...newbie here...

Hi there... old Kawa Concours 14 rider decided to buy a Versys as a second bike replacing my ex Super Tenere.
Still debating between a V650 LT and a V1k LT. My brain says V650 and my heart says V1k.

Meanwhile I will be reading some posting to help making up my mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 09:37 PM

Garage
Had a 09 Versys 650 loved it. Then got an FJR. Now have a 2016 Versys 1000. If i had to do it all over i would get the V-1000. But thats just me....

P1010656 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 10:00 PM

Olie, if you've been around the connie world for awhile, you know me, and I recently bought a 650LT. I went 650 because I find it doesn't inspire me to lose my license just trying to go for a little relaxing ride. I still have my 14, so if I need to feed the adrenaline junkie, it's parked next to the 650. They are very different bikes... the 1000 is obviously going to be closer in power to the 14, but still the upright seating position, etc. So if you still need the speed, or at least a greater percentage of it, go with the 1000. If you're ready to flower sniff, the 650 is closer to being the bike for you. the 650 will still go pretty well between 5-9 k, but don't expect any of the torque you're used to with the 14. steve

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys for your input... I will be keeping the C14 until a worthy replacement is on the market. This is my second C14 for a total of 94k miles. Also it is my "wife's bike" ... I will need her "blessing" too for its replacement.

I just sold my Super Tenere a couple months ago, my wife hated that bike, but I rode it for over 54k miles including a trip to Panama Canal. Last year alone I put 27.6k miles between my C14 and ST, including also a trip to Nova Scotia on my C14.

I thought I could be fine with the C14 alone... nope , not the case. I tested both bikes, V1K and V650.... I enjoyed both... different bikes but both great. Knowing myself a couple years ago it wouldn't be a issue, I even wouldn't have tried the 650.... V1K all the way.

Now I am 68yo and "wiser" ...although not according with my family and friends. Even my wife is shocked that I am considering the 650... My brain is fighting my heart....
chrisfla1 likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome From Canada

to the forum
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by olie View Post
...Now I am 68yo and "wiser" ...although not according with my family and friends. Even my wife is shocked that I am considering the 650... My brain is fighting my heart....
aboard!

from someone who is even OLDER, and owns/owned THREE V650s: '08 in AZ, '09 in BC (since GONE.....) and a '15 LT in BC, w/ a TOTAL in excess of 127K MILES among 'em....

-

GREAT bikes!

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys,you made me feel better... hmmm, younger

Last edited by olie; 01-08-2017 at 10:01 PM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 10:45 PM

Welcome aboard!

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.

Note: I have no time to waste because Iím older at this moment than Iíve ever been before,
Ö and itís the youngest Iím ever going to get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode